Coupdegrace - Video

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by geniusoid, Nov 5, 2006.

1. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

Ok Bjr...i`ll try to put something together - actually donno how to help on tht one, but I used to have this finger abuse exercise which I used to make my student do long back! :))

sOid's Finger Abuse Torture Technique
    We used to take any exercise frm Melbay and play it finger by finger - I mean - instead of using all fingers, u`ll play the entire exercise using just pointing finger....then repeat with middle finger, then ring finger, and then the lil one.....the backwards....then forwards but faster...backwards and faster...

Try tht and see the abuse ur fingers go thru - its wht I call a wake up exercise for all fingers to perform equally well.... works wonders when u have to slide ur fingers.....use some exercise or song - hindi song wud do too i guess - something which has slides and all - and play the song with one one finger....push those fingers hard...speed will develop as the finger has to run around and huff-n-puff to play all the notes itself!

2. geniusoid

@ BJR: Hey thanks for tht gift dude btw! :)

I`ll try to break up some of Coupdegrace and try to explain some techniques...guess tht`ll be interesting for me as well :)

3. jozko

jozko Banned

:cool: started. put a sample vid clip plz. it will take your 5-10 mins only. plz :help:
    can u also use all fingers on strumming hand or u stick with pick? why not torture those fingers too as some do (some even growing nails). ur reasons plz,

here's Mr. Ovoid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVdXABssZmc abusing, torturing, raping :p: rgds

@bjr i was looking for sOids version. i had defs from net. anyway. rgds

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

WHOA

That was badass man.
    One of the best stuff Ive ever heard on IGT.

Post some more.

5. geniusoid

Tht vid i saw, cudnt hear coz i dont have spkrs in office - well it looks like a Bass player's exercise....using a lotta slapping - tht will not actually help u gain conventional speed on the guitar....

Well the exercise I said was for the left hand with a pick in the right hand....just to increase the fun, here is torture technique number 2:

sOid's Sticky Palm Technique for the right hand:

This one will strengthen ur palm - my palms used to pain a lot due to prolonged playing....this might just help u gain some more control...

Palm rests on the bridge and WILL NOT budge at all...no changing the right hand position...the only things tht`ll move in the right side will be fingers hittin the strings with the pick - i dont wanna recommend fingerin, coz it`ll make the exercise simpler and futile!

Since the idea is to stress the palm (thereby getting u used to playing longer without tiring), U shall use just down strokes but play the song at increasing tempos (song/exercise, etc) - keep increasing the tempo....and use the sticky right hand with only downstrokes - upstrokes I dont recommend coz the pick tends to stick to the strings - downstrokes with the palm stuck to the bridge with increasing tempo will ensure enuff pressure on the palm - will pain initially...

Remember how we all start the lessons with downstrokes till tht page in the book instructs to develop alternate picking (up & down) since tht`ll help play faster? We`re just negating tht by assuming tht upstrokes never existed and tht if u had to play faster, u`ll have to use downstrokes only and just get better at it.... I rely a lot more on downstrokes than upstrokes.... :)

I`ll also make a clip on how I hold the pick - ppl have told me tht its totally flawed, but I`m too used to it to change - when I need to play fast, I sometimes hold the pick sideways so tht the surface area hittin the strings is the least.... (promise a pic/vid demo on tht)...

6. DJ-ROCK

DJ-ROCK Member

have u fast forwarded it!!!!!!
    someone just said right above....ur a machine
    :rock:

7. geniusoid

haha...no i havent fast forwarded it pal....to ur surprise, I can play the same stuph muccccch faster than u saw it on YouTube....when its ur own composition and u`ve performed it so many times, u just tend to get good at it! ;)

Thanks for digging the post outta its grave! :beer:

8. DJ-ROCK

DJ-ROCK Member

hehehehe jus kiddin' mate...
    :rockon: