Coupdegrace - Video

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by geniusoid, Nov 5, 2006.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Then where does he belong? I'm sure these ain't your words .. Who's been putting them in yo mouth?

2. jozko

jozko Banned

^ haha now u say words aren't mine? atleats now agreed not Jaysami. Words are from oxford dictionary. any problem?

it's like ronaldinho in mohan bagan, ok now? u lad. wonder why u have a problem with my posts. and saying 'u don't belong here" to ronaldinho means what? he should belog to dempo?

3. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

*shakes head*

What a comparision!

anyway .. See if this makes sense to you ..
    Ronaldinho visits mohan bagan once in a while .. n show them his skills etc. He's not learning from them n nor will it reduce his skills ..

Now put this logic to soid..

4. jozko

jozko Banned

fiction? logic huhaha.
    how many times ronaldinhio visited mohan bagan?:p: he has better things to do lad, ronaldinho is showing skills lol

*words are mine*
    *no need to shake head or tail*

@genius sorry dudoid. i can refrain from this thread. got lot more thrds to spam. just got in as i was dragged in

@notty req: let's avoid this thread. u may start one and i can continue there. just a req

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^ *post reported*

6. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

hey guys chill !!! I donno anythin abt FutBol so I`ll refrain frm commentin on tht aspect....

As for the skills, yeah u guys are right - i cant hold back anything to fit in - this is wht I am - and we all know very well tht its not abt comparitive skills... I donno shit abt scales, I donno chords other than Majors & Minors, I donno any brand of acoustics other than Givson & Hobner ( a few more now, thanks to IGT), I donno abt harmonics and whatever scales, abt music theory, abt most stuph tht`ll make a true guitarist... I hold the pick wrong which retards my speed, but I cant change the style coz I`m too used to it, I know almost nothing abt electric guitars, the styles, all those effects and everything discussed.....

So the point is, that yeah - if we look at all tht as well, I dont fit amongst several others who might be much more read up and well versed with a lot more that I`d like to know....I`m less than a noob when it comes to things like these....

Yeah I think I was born with some music sense, but apart frm tht, therez nothing much - the very fact that I donno much lets me experiment more (and at times feel tht its a new discovery in the field of guitaring!)...

Yes I belong here, coz like everyone else out here, I`m just trying to connect with others and learn more frm them - I`m sure there are lottsa amazing players who are much better - they too belong here coz its not abt ur ability - its more abt connecting to ppl frm the same liking.

Everyone who joins is here for a common reason - to learn, adapt and develop - the only person who doesnt belong here is someone who thinks tht everyone else here is crap and not adding value to him/her....

Ok thts for my point of view on the debate abt ppl belonging here or not! :)

Thanks for all the comments on the vid and the playing - if u think i`m good, maybe I am...but if u just go to YouTube and see McLaughlin, Strunz, Paco, Al etc. play, u`ll realise tht i`m nowhere.... I dont dream to be the best out here! Its them I aim at! :)

(am i goin outta context here? :p )

7. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Jozko I hope you got your answers ..

Geniusoid .. You rock .. :beerbob:

PS: Arey bhaaiyo .. Heera kaha milta hai? ..... Koyle ki khaan mein :)

8. geniusoid

hey man I didnt say it in tht sense - i didnt mean tht jozko doesnt belong here! I meant it generically for all those ppl who flog forums but dont contribute - Jozko meant it in a good way when he said tht I dont belong here - we`ve exchanged quite some mails - I donno abt ur past experiences with him, but he sounded like a really nice person - and a very keen person to learn abt new stuph - I had mentioned abt Jorge Strunz and his acoustic mastery and hez been hunting for all possible tracks by him, and even offered to give me all of them for free.

To quote him, he once stated in a PM tht he was doing this just to learn abt new kinds of music, and was willing to share it with anyone who wanted it for learning purposes, rather than leechers on the net who were into piracy and for money.

I dont mean to accuse anyone of anything - what I stated was generic - I joined IGT by accident when I was searching for acoustic guitar price quotes frm Furtados - the forum seemed interesting than the existing Orkut communities on Guitaring where u`ll find just crap!

But all said and done, its accepted tht ppl dont need to spam a post with random gibberish - it might sound fun for a while, but then u realise tht ppl tend to reply to the latests posts in the thread, instead of actually giving feedback or sharing views on wht the thread was originally for.

Bottomline: Cheers to everyone contributing at IGT. And yeah, he's not a witch, and neither are u the Vatican - let's not burn jozko alive! :)) He didnt mean it the way its got interpreted - the poor guy's even written me a sorry PM for all tht spam on the thread!

9. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Don't worry bud .. Jozko is smart enough to understand what you meant :)

Anyway .. Hope to see more stuff from you along with tips n all .. keep rockin

10. geniusoid

sure! :)

Wht kinda tips ppl are looking for - u can let me know and i`ll make a vid... Just warning u`ll tht i`m zilch abt theory and all - the last time when someone asked me how to get the muted sounds while playing chords, I didnt have an answer!

I cant give tips on how to improve the speed - read lots of ppl talkin abt playing scales - guess tht works...

Tips abt guitar maintenance u definitely dont want frm me :D

Plz tell me the agenda and I promise I`ll make a vid on it - i`d love to help anyone whoz keen and eager to learn more! :)

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Dude, you rock.

Just learning theory/having gear knowledge does not make you a better musician...to apply those principles into your playing takes years.You might already be far ahead on that part than most.
    Kudos to you for having your own style and using just your ears/music sense to compose such wonderful pieces.

And this is the internet, nobody's demanding those explanations.Of course if you are jobless and love writing long posts to while away the time.....;)

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hahaaa, soid, you work @ iBank?

13. geniusoid

Neither am I jobless, nor am I working at an iBank - am an MBA whoz workin with a Telecom company into product mgnt ;) - not a vela BPO employee dude! Guess its just tht i can type faster than I can play to churn out those long posts :))

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Haha

Wish I could be that.
    :(

15. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:beer:......

16. jozko

jozko Banned

17. geniusoid

Oh sorry for the late reply - just back frm work :)

Coupdegrace is french (sans the accents) meaning "the finishing stroke" - was supposed to be the last composition to be played during my last yr at college before I left the intercollegiate arena forever...hence the name...

The initial starting part was developed a month into the piece - 1st came the sitar like part frm the middle.... I got the start one fine day when my guitar was next to the bed and my leg hit the 1st string - so I was just pullin the 1st string using my toe and I felt - hey this sounds like a neat start...and so...... :)

Playing footsie with ur guitar helps ;)

18. geniusoid

@Alpha1 : Bhaiyya humne bahut papad bele hain....abhi bhi maraa rahe hain kaam pe...given a choice, i`ll just play the fiddle all day, but u see, this Nero cant see his Rome burn! ;)

19. jozko

jozko Banned

:shock: sometimes some flying insects hit my guitar string/s and make sweet sounds. :p: but i am not sOid :(

hehe interesting as always

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Coup-de-grace is also the term for mercy killing. To the best of my knowledge, it is usually used in military terms to end the misery of a dying soldier on the field. As genusoid said...the finishing stroke.

genusoid, I'd be interested in speed practice videos.