Coupdegrace - Rate this!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by geniusoid, Oct 26, 2006.

1. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

2. jozko

jozko Banned

u r awesome, u should complete the oval :D
    I donno how many play this style here.
    reps

edit: reps spread issue. so later

3. geniusoid

hey thanks man....this is the best i ever came up with :)) Never got as close ever after....the oval is opening up even wider now....gonna be a flawed ovoid itself!

4. jozko

jozko Banned

u crazy ovoid man, i'll beat u if i meet u :D
    Do find some time to complete the oval. Do u find time to booze and hang around? You can substitute me for that and also pay the bill:D But few can subsitute your guitaring and composition skills :-O

If you are not happily married yet, you should be in good optimistic frame of mind to work on these :-D
    again brilliant stuff dude, rep pending. cheers

5. jozko

jozko Banned

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You're awesome.....while this isn't the style I hope to be able to play someday, I still love it.

7. geniusoid

Thanks dude.....what style is everyone talkin abt? I mean can u define this style? I`ve personally never tried to think abt wht kinda style my guitaring sounds like.... u can take this as a yardstick - i love playing the acoustic - not much of an electric person coz i somewhere in feel tht its more to do with the processor and the sounds than just 6 strings and 2 hands!

8. jozko

jozko Banned

I was talking about a style that is not defined or named yet :-D, kiddin
    I did read earlier that your'e influenced by John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia, George Strunz, Iron Maiden. Also you are fusion guy :O
    Interesting thoughts, I like it, rgds

9. geniusoid

yup... Friday night in San Francisco has been a big influence - those guys are like assassins with a machine gun on acoustic guitars! But i`d say tht a lotta influence on my style also has roots in the music of one Mr. George Strunz - try to get his album called Primal Magic - its really magical....

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nice had a hint of Al Di Meola in that.
    :)

and am bowled over by Al Di Meola nowadays.

11. geniusoid

Tht complement like totally made my week buddy! Al and Co are too good...i used to say this the time I 1st performed Coupdegrace on stage, and i repeat it till date - if I can play Mediterranean Sundance the way they can, I`m ready for God to take me back the very next minute - i dont even wanna wait for the applause :)

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Godamn! Who plays the violin!!?

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hahha
    Somhow, I like the Splendido Sundance more than Med Sundance. :p:

Your Path to Nowhere sounds very much like one of the pentatonicized version of a mode.
    Don't remember now, will play the guitar tomoroow and see. :)

14. geniusoid

Penta wht? Penthouse? :p I have no clue at all! I just know Majors and Minors, not even 7s... its raag Panthuvarali i think - The Path to Nowhere...

thanks for the comments anyways :)

Who plays the violin? He used to be my fusion partner in college. Why?

15. geniusoid

u mean the violins in Hotel RHTDM & Revival right? Coupdegrace has no violins tht i remember of :D

16. jozko

jozko Banned

Penthouse :p: thx for reminding that. u almost deserve another rep.

If you know minors, Majs you probably know Alpha1. Look under is userID. It says MajGen :)

You knew the raaga already or found it from someone?

thx for all those info on artists and works, keep posting them. I just ordered Primal Magic

17. geniusoid

gawd u got a copy of tht? I cant believe this! How much and frm where? Its a decently old album if i aint wrong.... I`m not sure if everything in the tape is good enuff, but my personal favorite - something tht somehow gets a line in on all my compositions is Amazonas....also dont miss out Canto Al Sol - its worth dancin to....the sensuous dance i mean.. ;)

Everything is latino kinda style - they blend in jungle flavor with Jazz to churn out some of the best shit i`ve heard on acoustic... George Strunz with Ardeshir Farah... hey incase u wanna check out Amazonas, go to my old webpage - www.geocities.com/viciousv7782/songs/amazonas.html - i`ve upped the tempo by 10% of the original just for fun - but even in real pace, the song is a killer!

18. jozko

jozko Banned

I am yet to get copy but ordered:cool: . Will try to get the other ones you mentioned. Good to get all those info. You are only useful member here on IGT:cool:
    edit: i rechecked they are all in same Album CD, waiting for CD

19. jozko

jozko Banned

Ovoid dude ur geocity webpage expired, can u post on soundclick??

20. jozko

jozko Banned