Could some one "PLEASE" help me to learn guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by go2amitsharma, May 18, 2006.

1. go2amitsharma

go2amitsharma New Member

Hi, i'm new for guitar, many of u must have gone for guitar class and many must have learned from books, friends or the internet.

Well those people who have gone for guitar classes, what did the tutor actually teach u in order, i mean what should i learn first, all i know is to read tab and a little bit of chords.

I really find tabs really exciting, but most of u in this forum prefer chords, i mean when u play the chords u won;t be able to hear the tune of the song, its just background music to the lyrics rite, i really don;t know thats why i'm asking.

Well i want this thread to be a poll on how people actually learned how to play guitar. Hope u all cooperate.

2. seriousvivek

seriousvivek New Member

Yaar even i started like u.I started by downloaded some easy tabs and when I was comfortable with da tabs I started da chords.And u know what , after doing all this I joined da guitar classes.I'm still in learning process but coz now i'm comfortable with da guitar my teacher had too teach me very little.

In classes actually teachers start with "sa re ga ma" then they give u some easy tabs and when u can play the tabs efffortlessly the start teaching u da chords scales etc.If u want to learn fast take da songs which have simple tabs as well as chords that can be played on a single guitar like for example "Aaya hoon yaaroon-Aaisa zakham diya hain" which have simple tabs and chords G Am which are easy to play (although it also comtains da F chord which is difficult for biggeners to play but u can do without it).

Yaar dekh mera ja mann main aaya main likhta gaya , agar tujha mera baatein bakwaas lagae to bura mat maaniyoon ok . Take care, if u need any kind of assistance just PM me.

3. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

just learn scales....and fer gods sake move this to the beginers QnA forum...

4. ^ u could say the same thing in a much more polite way?

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Never thought i'd see you of all people asking someone else to be polite. Thread moved to Beginner's Q & A forum.

6. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

sorry...:eek::
    umm = ok
    i'll correct myself and post wot i think u shud lern
    try lernin scales....try takin out the saregama on each scale - limit urself to about 3 notes per string - and try playing it crisper and clearer - over and over again....donat go fer speed furst. that will come itself as u practice....
    this is good for future shredding and picking excersices...

then learn as many chords as possible....make it a point to learn a new chord every day - and practice it wid other combinations for atleast 15mins...this way ur sense of harmonis will improve...

try and read some music theory...do a search for manu's music theory...its amazing...

learn all majors minors sharps and flats of each chord...

practice not to gain knowledge - but for fun....and learn more and more songs....this helps in gainin knowledge of where chords go

and btw....my bad - that fer godsake message was fer disturbed dude...not fer li'l ol' sweet noobs///:p:

so anewez - i hope this helps///
    frankly - u dont need any classes - ust practice....and if u got ane frnds who also wanna learn to play = its better - cuz u;ll lern faster in a group///