Could I get some advice please?(Buying Guitar)

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Spencer3d, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Spencer3d

Spencer3d New Member

Yes, I would be buying a new guitar very soon. I am kind of a novice and would like to know what guitar, shop I should buy?
    I am about 5'10", would like to get a guitar for self-entertainment and learning western rock. I just want to learn acoustic guitar expertly before I buy a Metal Guitar.
    What kind of acoustic guitar(all details or whatever possible like fretboard, strings, back, body etc.) I should buy?I can spend about 6K.

I would be very pleased if someone could reply soon.

2. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Dude..

Shop.. depends where u live...
    Guitar.. Anything should do for learning.. Get your basics right and then buy something good once you are comfortable with the instrument.

There is a sticky on the Beginner's Q&A Forum.. right on the top .. check it out!

And your height has nothing to do with what guitar you buy.. its not the same as pants!!!!

3. FM King

FM King New Member

That doesn't mean anything !!

4. Spencer3d

Spencer3d New Member

I thought having longer arms required some other size of guitar?

5. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

No. Long hands, short hands.. doesn't really matter.

6. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^ gotta agree with them. I was like, why the hell he telling us about height!!

Im 5 4 .. i can still play. I got relatively small hands.. (not like the branchy kind most guitarists have) and i still play damn well.

its like me saying, "im female. what kind of guitar can i buy!?"

But more seriously..any guitar should work now.. you just need to learn your basics and get comfy with it.. so dont bother looking into particulars...just yet.

7. Spencer3d

Spencer3d New Member

All right . Thank you.

8. luv090909

luv090909 New Member

i suggest you buy a normal semi-acoustic for around 2~3k and buy an amp probably 15w practice amp...for fun :) gives you a boost in spirits if you can play what you like ...trust me

9. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

^dude he barely knws hw to play guitar..wat will he do wid an amp????
    @spencer go for a Yamaha semi elec. if u are ready to shell out 6k
    or go for a good quality acoustic..sum gud acoustic manufacturers within da 6k range are :-
    1) Yamaha
    2) GB&A
    3) Pluto
    4) Ovation
    5) jackson

buy one of dese only, dun go for a 'giVson'.................

and yeah height has got nthng watsoever to do with the guitar...........