cosmetic surgery

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by bjr, Aug 6, 2008.

1. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

^If the question is "Do you think it's idealistic?" .. I'd say no.

Does life work this way?
    - Yes it definitely does.

In fact .. living up to the expectations of society and getting everything perfect is kind of idealistic. Who cares?

If I still don't get the question rephrase it.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Its like this:
    Few ppl stay happy with whatever they have, or whatever they are.
    Few ppl don't and strive hard to change stuff.

This goes on for all aspects of life:
    Career
    Personality
    Your views/opnions/value system
    Relationships
    Personal matters - like say body structure, looks etc

Now each person has got his own threshold of comfort beyond which he wont budge to change these aspects.

Ppl change jobs, try to increase their intellect, change their value system to make themselves more "progressive" and "successful" in society (or even in own personal view).

Ppl put on make-up, change their hairstyle, dye, tan, work out, diet - mainly in order to look better (either to show to the world out their, or for their own happiness and satisfaction)

Cosmetic surgery is just one step further/ahead. You are trying to change stuff using slightly more extraordinary means than most ppl usually do.

There is nothing wrong IMO.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

However, if you are simply condemning someone for doing it, then my humble opinion is that you haven't really understood why humans are so different from animals. And what it is to be "non-complacent" ...

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Honestly, What I'm reading in your posts is the kind of thing I'd expect to hear on the Oprah Winfrey show or in a Chicken soup book. Not that it's not true, what you say.

The point is- If a self help book were really as helpful as it claims to be, there wouldn't have been a market for them. The first one would have sufficed.