cosmetic surgery

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by bjr, Aug 6, 2008.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm curious as to what your take on this is. I'll make things easier by giving you certain specifics to comment on if you wish to:

a) Hair Transplant
    b) Boob Job
    c) Nose Job
    d) Plastic Surgery

and I'll post my own take later and ask a few more questions. As some of you might know, I'm fighting my own internal battle against a hair transplant.

2. rohit

rohit New Member

same here.
    i have hair loss problem.
    hair transplant is an option but i don't know if it works or not.
    will do some search on google.

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

um, that is not what the thread is about though you're free to discuss what you please.

5. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

I think it is just superficial stuff for those who're constantly looking to gain people's approval. They're insecure about their identity and always strive to be in the good books of people.

Personally I wouldn't care if I lose hair or if I'm not fair enough. You gotta have the right attitude rather than the right look.

Some equations may change in the Glamour world but well .. I'd rather be a balding Irrfan Khan than be a "perfect nosed" Shilpa Shetty.

6. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

its nothing like dat evry body is free to choose watever he/she like. after all it is meant for something good. everybody has different thinkings.

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Ah, but the question is would you rather be a balding Irrfan Khan or a not-balding Irrfan Khan? The correct answer to this would probably be "does it matter?" which would lead me to ask what your stand would be if you weren't Irrfan Khan.

Don't get me wrong because I'm on your side on this one. I totally agree with most of what you say but don't you think it's a little idealistic? Do you think life works this way or do you just think it should?

A lot of my opinions are idealistic....perhaps Dumbledore-ish and that is probably the reason for a lot of our arguments. I admit this view of yours surprises me a little since it puts us pretty much on the same side which is not normal.

8. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

nothing works.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

what? explain!

10. augur

augur I love bjr

I have a broken septum.. don't ask how. I really should get it fixed but I'm scared I might end up looking like Koena Mitra.
    I don't think that fixing one's septum is even considered cosmetic surgery though.

I'd rather shave my head than have a hair transplant.

11. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Is the broken septum too obvious? It may come under the ENT surgery category rather than cosmetic surgery. Have you consulted anyone about it?

And I don't think there's anything wrong with hair transplant. I'd never shave my head in a million years!

12. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

13. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

i m becoming bald.. wat to do.. wat not to do.. tried everything.. went to Dr. Batra ( biggest fraud of all times).. nothing worked dude.. then i prepared my mind for grafting.. but came to know it has lot of side effects too.. and if ur grafting session fails.. u need to go for it again n again.. so rite now i hv stopped thinking abt hair.. wat i m trying to bring out here is.. yes we all will act idealistic.. if we say.." I m ok with becoming bald".. but trust me everyone wants to avoid it.. i also agree its attitude wat matters not the look.. but still. can u afford to look bad !!.. shaved heads r better than baldy patches.. i feel if the condition goes bad.. i will go for grafting or will shave it off..

14. augur

augur I love bjr

It is. I have consulted my mirror many times and it keeps lying to me.

That's the problem with every man. They're scared of shaving their heads so instead they just comb over their bald spots. I want to shave my head, just for kicks, but I'm scared that it'll never grow back.

15. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Right now my hair is very precious to me and unless I face many problems with hair loss, I don't see any reason to shave it off :p. Besides, my head isn't suitable for bald hair looks.

I believe if better looks can give anyone confidence, there's nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery.

16. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

@augur i too have a broken septum but never thought of going under the knife. Do you suffer from breathing problems coz of it and smoke coming out of one nostril.

@elfascinating a balding irffan khan i understand but what if you were a balding emraan hashmi?

17. augur

augur I love bjr

No breathing problems. Don't know about the smoke thing as I don't smoke.

Balding Emraan H? I think that's bad. First you look like him and then you're balding. Suicide should happen.

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You know the biggest problem I see with shaving my head is that you spend way too much effort in maintaining the bald look....To me it would just be easier to spend some money, grow it back and let it stay the way it is and go to the barber every 2 months. God knows it's painful having to scrape my face everyday to go to work let alone scraping my head as well.

I never did anything particularly special with my hair....unless you count trying to part it like Leonardo Di Caprio in Titanic around the time it won 11 oscars.

One of my friends had a broken septum(I think?). He got surgery done and now he's happy because his nose no longer points east.

19. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

I'd prefer a non-balding Irrfan Khan but even if I were a balding one, I wouldn't care as much because my hair is not what I'm liked for anyway.
    The point is .. In the end, what matters is the right attitude and your personality. As long as you're charming enough, these things don't matter. I know balding (or grey haired), skinny, guys who're just great with women, family, friends and doing great in life.

Damn I'm balding too but it doesn't disturb me wee bit.

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't think you understand the question.