Cort cr 250

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sgt.misery, Aug 25, 2012.

1. sgt.misery

sgt.misery New Member

CR250 | Cort Guitars

any1 here who has actually played this guitar? I cant find it in any stores but its available online in both bajaao and furtados...any idea about its weight,action,pickups??? Mostly for playing heavy metal...

2. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Its a great guitar and feels like a Samick AV series one. The action is adjustable and the one i tried had low action. Pickups are decent with a mellow tone. Neck is medium thickness. I found the guitar to be very comfortable the only minuses being that its a bit neck heavy and the tuners did not inspire much confidence. Even then i will say its a good buy. I have owned a Cort so i can say that its a good value. Although one can play any genre with any guitar (well almost) for heavy metal, X or EVL series may be better.

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

How can a les paul or les paul shaped guitar be neck heavy? Les pauls have very heavy body and no matter how heavy their neck is it can't compensate for the body weight...

It's a doubt

4. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

I found even the Cort Z series neck heavy. But again i never claim that what i say is absolute truth; just an observation. Might be that after playing X6 i have made the impression CortElectric = NeckHeavy :)

5. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Agree with rickkkyrich on that point...

I'd prefer the AV3 over the CR250... The former has Grover Tuners (used in Gibsons, known for their excellent tuning stability) and are manufactured along with the the Epiphone Les Pauls in the same factory by Samick....