Correction on accurate tabs for "Neele Neele ambar par" posted by Souman

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by vikas25, Aug 10, 2005.

1. vikas25

vikas25 New Member

And please do not post your messages on multiple threads as it is just waste of space. Try to act with rationale and not foolish rampant repeated postings.

Vikas

2. Rajeshwary

Rajeshwary New Member

good job souman, did u play just the vocal melody or the back up guitar tracks as well.. your tabs do not match with the backup guitar which seems more accurate, and i agree with vikas this is not 100% too, plus you miss timing way too often like in the second interlude.
    but good job nonetheless, just reduce your pride and ego a little, you are doing great job here on IGT.

Raji

3. souman_das

souman_das New Member

hi rajeshwary,
    i did the whole thing right from playing tabs of the song,to playing interludes and preludes and the rhythum behind.
    i did all alone as multi-level recording,though i am not very good at that as you can see i could not properly handle the gain for the various parts of guitar.
    anyway i tried it all alone,and it is before you but it could have been far better if i had a rhythum guitarist with me.
    i had done some improviastions in between also which are not in original and also i missed my timing at some places as it was very difficult to manage tabs and rhythum simultaneously.
    but still i feel i am able to do some justification to the song.

amit i have checked the link,it is working.

https://rapidshare.de/files/4005772/neele_neele_ambar_par.mp3.html

souman

4. souman_das

souman_das New Member

and this is for vikas,
    i guess yo have very little techical knowledge,
    i have not added any echo or flange to the song,it is because i have done all the things that is why i could not control the gain properly.
    i recorded the rhythum first,then did the tabs of the song second,then did the interludes and the preludes.
    so it was all overlapped one above the another which resulted in some formation of noise.
    it was very difficult to match the timing since i have to do recording alone.

souman

5. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

I will check them again

6. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

CHILL ALL
    apart from the tabs of the songs (the style totally depends on person to person), the intro, the interludes on guitar and the lines that play between the song lines are what actually matter as far as accuracy is concerned.
    Now I have looked at Souman's tabs as well this one, and well I PLAY IT DIFFERENTLY.
    I am not a guitar teacher, but i play for a band and have also checked with an extremely professional guitarist, and as per him, what I PLAY IS RIGHT :)

now i am really not going to bother writing my version, i stopped bothering the day SOUMAN put it up and i checked it is extremely close to the original and not a single note is off-key or sounding bad.

My basic funda is that THESE tabs are for people WHO DO NOT KNOW TO PLAY THE SONG and for them THAT WAS GOOD ENOUGH, and for people who already know the song and play it, just play it the way you play it man!!!!

Yes but that doesnt stop you from correcting tabs that comepletely off key and which teaches WRONG things...

so CHILL

and thank SUNIL KAUSHIK for playing the original Neele Neele Amber like NO ONE ELSE CAN PLAY !!!!!!

7. Fatehjit

Fatehjit New Member

I Request Souman As Well As Vikas To Stop Bilateral Allegations, As It Vitiates The Atmosphere, And Also The Real Purpose For Which The Site Is Established Is Also Lost. My Submission Is That The Forum Should Not Be Made Media For One Upmanship. And Let Me Also Praise Both Souman & Vikas, Both Have Done Commendable Job By Spending So Much Time In Posting The Tabs.

Let's Play It Cool Guys.

8. vikas25

vikas25 New Member

Couldn't agree more

Couldn't agree more.

Yes bandbaaja, completely agree with you, this song could be played in 3-4 different ways, specially the interludes. I never said souman tabs were wrong. I acknowledged they are good. All i did was filled in the missing things, cause they appeared incomplete, to me. and what kind of reponse i got is all history now.

I'll stop it, right away, Its my promise and i hope others will do so too and stop direct personal attacks (Man that was just the limit !). Personal attacks will not be tolerated, I am sorry to say.

Thanks Fatehjit for recognizing the efforts.

And yes I must say, I have heard many people play it, but no one to the perfection like Sunil kaushik did.

I have not heard his other guitar pieces. Can ou guys recommend some.

Thank you for mediating!

Peace forever!
    Vikas

9. sambitsatpathy

sambitsatpathy New Member

hi bandbaaja,

nice to see your post in neele neele ambar. so it is sunil kaushik who played the guitar in neele neele. i was told as no one in india could play it that fast so they got somebody from outside to play the guitar. man surely sunil kaushik rocks. does he teach in india too? :). can anybody get the guitar tabs /chords /interlude /prelude from him in india. why he is not publishing any books on guitar with hindi songs. or may be an instructional dvd. and in that dvd also he teaches how to play all the parts of his famous song. man i wish :)..

soumen,
    thanks for posting the recording. multi layered recording sounds indeed difficult and time consuming. anyway thanks for trying it out and posting the same.

hey guys how about a normal acoustic version of it. can anybody take time to do it. anybody out there.... :).

in the main song acoustic and electric both are played i guess. isn't it. can't we play the song in acoustic only. i don't have an electric one with me. so can't use all that gain and effects.

soman,vikas....guys no hard feelings...lets have some beer and drop the issue. :beer:

10. Bandbaaja

Sunil Kaushik is from India and he was a regular with Kalyanji Anandji, Laxmikant Pyarelal, RDB and the likes...
    For those who dont know this already this song is a DIRECT LIFT from the song ILAYA NILA in TAMIL by the BOSS named ILAYARAJA.
    The original tamil song also has good leads but is a bit complicated more in terms of TIMING. But all said and done, the leads in the HINDI songs are MUCH MORE MELODIOUS and CRISP.

11. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Vague Conversations...

Dear Vikas,

You are right that Souman have wrote it wrong...that he is 100% correct about the TAB of Neele Neele Ambar...You're right.

But how come you calculate that its 70/80% correct ??

Are you some sort of Music Judge ??

Have ever (and i mean ever !!) listened to the song ? If Yes then how come you give the tab like this...

Neele neele ambar par (after the vocalist ends ambar, start the following tab till the line
    ends) (correction) ---played fast
    E-----------------------------------------------------------------
    B-------6-8-10-6-8-5--------------------------------------------------
    G----------------------------------------------------------------
    D-----------------------------------------------------------------
    A-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaand jab aaye (start the following tab at aaye) (correction)---played fast
    B------5-6-8-5-6----------------------------------------------------
    G-------------------7---------------------------------------
    D------------------------------------------------------------------
    A------------------------------------------------------------------
    E------------------------------------------------------------------

After Neele neele ambar par (after the vocalist ends ambar)...there's a Small,sweet but Breeze Guitaring...sounds like arpezzio..right ?! Then how come you play an arpezzio in a single string ?? Can you ever play an arpezzio in a single string with with different octaves ?? The music here was so quick that with your TAB it will need slides/Hammer/Pull-Off/Trills etc...then where is your TAB version for that ?? There is no slides,no hammer-on's,no pull-off's,no trills...its impossible to play in a single string that arpezzio without these.

Look Pal...I dont know whether you are aware of this or not...that TAB notation is itself not full correct....so how can the notations be ??

Like...

1) TAB notations dont have TIMINGS.
    2) TAB notations dont have BEAT VALUES.
    3) TAB notations dont carry the SCALE NAME.
    4) TAB notations dont have CHORDS over the notations.

Out of these the point number 1 is most important. Many TABS that i have seen over here or in the net are non-playable without listening to the original song/instrumental. I also do admit that..my TABS over the NET are also not fully correct as ,like everybody Iam also unable to provide the timings in the music/song. So TAB basically fullfills what ?? It fulfills the purpose for the players who wants to play a particular song or can play the song but needs some suggessions here& there.....in an easy way....both for the notation writer & for the reader too,as there is no alternative in NET to supply notations..other than TAB. So listen to the song and adjust as you like....Can Jimi Hendrix/Eric Clapton/David Gilmour/Joe Satriani/Steve Vai/Ywiengi Malmsteen etc...can write a full 100 % correct TAB of their own compostions??..its not possible...but after you listen to the song/music...you can adjust with the TAB...the TIMINGS Iam talking about or some notes here & there....

So Souman...IS WRONG that his TAB is 100% correct...it cant be...but you my friend could have adjust with it...& play the song...There was no need to go for an argue..a VAGUE argue......

See.....DUE TO THESE VAGUE VALULESS ARGUE'S.....IGT IS LOOSING SOME GEMS....You..Vikas..my friend...you have also said that..people will learn the WRONG from the TABS of Souman...well...TAB notation is itself full of WRONG..as i said.....

I think i have made my point clear to all of you...if you wish...you can carry on playing with the TAB submitted both by Souman & Vikas.....by mixing the note here & there...both have worked hard...APPRECIATION OUGHT TO BE GIVEN.....

With Regards,
    Arindam Ray.

12. vikas25

vikas25 New Member

hello Ari...

Wow!, I thought this thread will never see any post anymore, but thanks buddy to add some fuel to the dead fire. You shud have replied when the heat was really on. What took you so much time ! (like almost 20 days). I have a feeling you have been provoked or forced to write this post.

Having said that, Since you took so much effort to write this post, I think I am obligated to post a reply.

I appreciate your lecture on tabs, but I sincerely hope that guys out here at IGT, specially beginners do not get disappointed that by your statement that tabs are a wrong way to present music.

What’s wrong and what’s right is decided by how you define it, and for your knowledge let me put down definition of “tabs: or “Tablature” as defined in encyclopedia

Tablature is a form of musical notation designed for musical instruments which gives the player instructions on where to put their fingers rather than which notes to play.

So you are right, tabs have no timings etc, but then that is not the purpose of tabs. Tabs tell you what fret to play on what string. That is all.

And my friend that is more than enough to play music. Of course to play any music in any form, you must listen to song EXCEPT when you have composed the song or you are really good in reading SHEET MUSIC. And if you are aware of sheet music, you will appreciate, how SIMPLIFIED are tabs to write and read.

So buddy don’t say that tab notation is itself full of WRONG. It’s a form of writing music most helpful to beginners and many times to intermediates and even experts
    And honestly…if you are good..you can really pen down all the notes correctly to write a tab.

I am no judge of any body’s music. I just corrected Souman’s tabs. They were not wrong with respect to timing etc. They had wrong notes or missing notes. Hope you understand the difference between “wrong notes/missed notes” and “badly timed” notes. And I am not going to point out differences again. If you are interested I can do that, let me know.
    C'mon, have you ever (Really ever!!) heard the song and tried to play souman's tabs. I suggets you must.

I never started any VAGUE ARGUMENTS, I only posted corrected tabs. But I guess my criticism was not appreciated.

I am glad that you pointed out mistake in my tabs exactly where it is and nowhere else:

Yes the correct tabs for that part are

Neele neele ambar par (after the vocalist ends ambar, start the following tab till the line
    ends)
    E--------------8---8-----------------------------------------------
    B-------7h8----6---5--------------------------------------------------
    G----------------------------------------------------------------

Chaand jab aaye (start the following tab at aaye) (correction)
    E------------5--5--------------------------------------------------
    B------5h6---5-----------------------------------------------------
    G-----------------7---------------------------------------

But I did not correct it cause another member “rajeshwary” already pointed them out in one of the posts.

So if somebody leaves, its his/her personal decision. Its really shameful how selfish one can be. If someone really wants to help others and share, one wud not leave IGT just because somebody criticized your work. I mean c’mon how cheap can one get. Do you believe in only showing off and not willing to take criticism. That is just ridiculous.

So lets move on, keep sharing and helping each other without bringing in personal grudges and finding excuses to leave IGT. Lot of good work is still going on and will go on.

By the way! I think your post on neele neele ambar par was better than Souman’s. That was indeed good work. Why are you getting involved in this S***. You are a great guitarist buddy.

Best Regards
    Vikas

P.S. My formula of Percent correct, % correct tabs = (total notes – wrong/missed notes)/ Correct notes. He he, isn’t it funny.

13. paati

paati New Member

rapidshare mp3 is missing. please upload again.

14. Bandbaaja

93.56% of all statistics are made on the spot ;)

15. jolt

jolt New Member

hey this was a real good help dude!!!! thankz a lot

16. taquila

taquila New Member

Who's this guitar 'guru'?

Oh... for god sake.. Can some one please shut this Vikas's mouth ??
    The way he talks really hurts people - moreover when we all know the corrections that he has posted are themselves incorrect.

Vikas: One suggestion for you - u better follow his or Arindam's version from IGT and start practising that. Because, honestly, their versions sound much accurate and sweeter.

17. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

^
    So you're back eh?

Welcome back :)

18. ashima_rocks

ashima_rocks New Member

Hey vikas,, nearly accurate tabs!!

Thnkx

19. the_lone_ranger

the_lone_ranger New Member

What pisses me off is arrogance and ego. I think its better to be non talented than being talented and egoistic. Don't want to name anybody here but I hope they get the message.

This is such a beautiful song that it lightens up your mood whenever you listen to it and fighting over such a melody is such a sacrilege!!

Tch Tch....

Souman...Thank God you're not my guitar teacher (not for the skill but for the ego).

20. shawl

shawl New Member

This portion is wrong in my opinion.

Repeat the following two times: (correction)
    E---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D-----0----0-0-2s5--3-2---0---------------------------------------
    A--------0------------------3----------------------------------------------
    E---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This can be replaced by ::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------5------------------------5----------------------------------------
    ---5-5----7--8--7-5---------5-5----7--8--7-5----------------------------------
    -5-----5------------8-----5-----5------------8--------------------------------

I m on a lookout for the tabs when the violin plays just after the above given tabs, does anybody have that??
    Moreover, I do believe, that Vikas tabs are better than souman, for the initial lead, but not for the part when neele nelle ambar....part starts.