Coolest place to be at during Indian Summers

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jekyll, Oct 24, 2005.

1. jekyll

jekyll Banned

some ideas required on vacationing ...

where to go during summers?

I have been to many hill stations ... but would now prefer some raw and bar n basic place which offers more fun than usual hill-stations ...

heard that Sikkim n Ladakh are very good ...

suggestions?

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

im planning a trip to laddah and darjeeling nxt summer......

try avoiding places where u'll find mainstreme of the ppl...too much crowd and its finally sick and u dont get a feel of adventure...

i personally do not enjoy beaches...dunno the case with u...but they shud be avoided during summers...other than those u can plan a trip to Nepal...or smwhere in the east...like assam..nd sikkim as uve mentioned

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^yeah.
    i have been to shillong many a times...
    its a coo(thand waala)l beautiful place...

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

im going goa these diwali vacations and then from goa will go to blore, then from blore will go to cochin and then to chennai(not confirmed) then back to Amchi Mumbai!:rock:

5. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

i think.. ooty.. kodai.. munnar.. etc r many good options for bangalorites..

shillong is really nice.. its called switzerland of north east..

other than these.. u can chill in the beaches of GOA..

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Goa is best only in winters ...

actually same with all the beaches in India ...

yeah Wizard got yer point ... thtas what i meant ... hey what about places near Mt Abu? in Rajasthan ... heard that it gets pretty cold there ...

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

9.5 yrs in mumbai...nd I still have to visit goa :eek::

dunno y but beaches never appeal to me....hilly areas...rainy areas...nd cities lik calcutta, delhi (if u keep away frm majority of ppl there), mumbai are my fav places to visit anytime

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i have been in mumbai for 10.5 yrs...n have visited goa jus once or twice may be!

9. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

shillong is beautiful...nd those chinky chix rock :rock:
    they have sm local bands who play in pubs and local bars nd these dudes are really good...

chk out sm pics of Ladakh https://www.project-himalaya.com/gallery-top-ladakh.html

mast place if ur an adventurous traveller :grin: