Coolest Guitar

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by DrSaurabh, Aug 6, 2004.

?

WHICH IS THE COOLEST

1. Gibson Les Paul Flametop

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Gibson Flying V

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Gibson Explorer

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Gibson Firebird

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Fender Stratocaster

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Fender Telecaster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ovation Adamas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Gibson SG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gibson G-400 or the twin neck G-1275(both are basically the same)

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. Ibanez satriani signiture series

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

which do you guys think is the coolest looking guitar...

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

THIS IS BASED SOLELY ON THE LOOKS.....
    I am a sucker for LPs, strat according to me has no class, telecaster is just too boring...flying Vs are cool but they are better left to Kravitz.explorer is passe, and firebird is too much of a drab....the only other guitars i like in this are the adamas and the satraini series.....G-400 aint bad either...i guess even sound wise LP takes the cake...

3. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

no class on the strats?

i disagree it looks like such a great instrument. (guess thats why there's a poll on his ;)) I never liked the Telecaster and never liked the fretboard designs on the Gibsons and as for the Flying V's and some of the other guitars they are a little loud :D

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

the deal with strats is that they have been over used so much so that people think of strats when they think of electrics..and the finishes are just not so cool....they are all solids....but then that is my view...yup thats why we got polls......and yeah....clapton does favour strats..so did hendrix...but slash is my god....
    somehow for me an LP symbolises rock :rockon: i especially like the trapezoid inlays..;)

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Ibanez because i have it.

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

having now mentioned Clapton there is one guitar that he used that looks so kool. He used it in the ARMS concert its a sort of star shaped guitar and it looks fantastic, i'll see if i can get a pic of it somewhere

7. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

I voted for Les Pauls cause out of those options thats the best.. I would have said any of the BC Rich look better..

8. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

u left steve vai's ibanez, jem series...neways les pauls for me! but v's, explorers, strats, adamas, joe's actually ol rock

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

the tremolo thing, that hole vai has on his guitar isnt all that cool......but doesnt he normally play a 7 string.... also joe perry signiture LP is damned cool..it has a tiger print on it...

10. jayanth

The Boneyard LP right??

11. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills &amp; Far Away

it's the les paul for me - that reminds me of jimmy page who is one of my all-time favourite musicians, however sloppy he might've been as a (live) guitarist himself.

12. jayanth

But generally Page preferres the Gibson SG..

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@jay...nope the one am talkin abt was a gibson signiture series....amazin guit..chek it out ....
    ive actuallly never seen page with a sg, always with a lp, and in the live version of kashmir with a lp which had some wierd buttons on it next to the pick up selector., tho malcom young was a hardcore sg fan..never seen him with anything else...:)..

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

wasnt page into black magic. and that weird religion ...zoso....:confused:

15. jayanth

I know about the SG series.. which he used a lot.. Then even Slash swictched from LP to SG and now back (Obviously)

16. prash_rocks

hah

zoso isn't a religion. its just a symbol page contrived/derived from somewhere which he used to represent himself first on their 4th album. page himself refuses to comment/reply on what it actually means, or if it is indeed the letters z-o-s-o or just some symbols arranged to look like those letters.

and he was into the occult, which doesnt necessarily equate to black magic... and my opinion - it isn't.

@jay: jimmy page's principal guitar was the lp... the gibson sg double neck he used only on stairway, the song remains the same, and the rain song, from what i remember.

17. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Pardon me...zoso aint a religion, its called zoso cos it looks like the word zoso,its a glyph...The symbol is probably derived from a sixteenth century treatise by mathemetician and occultist Girolamo Cardano, where it is used to represent the planet Saturn for purposes of magic (Page is a Capricorn, a sign ruled by Saturn)..and from what ive read...he was interested in magic..
    if am not wrong the name of tha album was FOUR
    ;)

18. prash_rocks

i guess i just said that as well.. zoso isn't a religion as ur statement above indicates. and the rest of ur post above only illuminates more on what i wrote before it. and sure the album was 4th one as i said, which maybe called LZ 4 or 'runes' or 'zoso' itself, but was originally released without a title. so, whats the point?

19. jayanth

YOu may be right on this Prash. .Cause i've not seen much of JP playing The LP.. Most of the DVD's i have i only see Stairtway to HEaven and Rock And Roll . , Train Kept a rollin and Kashmir.. On all of this he used the SG series..

Then today i checked out the full DVD to find the LP>.

20. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

kashmir too.....like i said....i saw him with this wierd LP....with those weird buttons....