Connecting guitar to speakers?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Mooches, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Mooches

Mooches New Member

Hi, I have an acoustic guitar which also has a piezo-electric (?) pickup. I don't have an amp to play the electric function but I heard that regular computer speakers with independent power supply can be connected to the guitar with a 3.5mm -> 6.3mm jack converter. I bought a 6.3mm connecter and plugged in the speakers to the guitar but there's no output to the speakers and the guitar plays like it does normally on acoustic mode! Any idea where I'm going wrong? Thanks.

2. A for apple

A for apple New Member

Mooches u need to connect guitar to your computer ( mic jack ).......u can't directly plug it to ur speakers .......they are not amplifiers....

3. Mooches

Mooches New Member

I tried connecting to the computer today using both the mic jack and line-in jack, but still hearing no output. I'm connecting the audio port with two-sided 3.5mm cable. One side goes into computer jack and one side goes into 3.5mm -> 6.3mm plug which goes into the guitar's electric slot. But I'm getting no sound except a little buzz. I fiddled with the wires a little, re-inserting them again and again, but there's no output. Hmm.

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Just select the right input (mic or line in, depends on what input you are willing you use) in the control panel of your soundcard settings, after that move the chosen slider to change the level!!