Connecting guitar to pc speakers?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by nazr, Aug 4, 2007.

1. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Can an acoustic(with a pickup) be connected to pc speakers directly or for that matter any other speakers?

2. javalogix

javalogix Member

If you are talking about semiacoustic guitar then yes it can be done just plugin your guitar into microphone jacket and turn 20db Boost option on which can be found under volume control.........

3. javalogix

javalogix Member

If you want some thing more fancy just try an effects amplifying software such as GuitraFxBox.....
    I would recommend AmpliTube its one of the best if you have a decent SoundCard and a decent Processor......

4. nazr

I didnt quite get you there?

5. javalogix

javalogix Member

i thought i was quite clear..........
    Please elaborate what kind of guitar you have.......

6. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

he's telling you how to connect it to a computer, or say, to your speakers via your computer

7. jazzbox

jazzbox His X Ln C 1000CC

i thought he have an acoustic guitar ..

the microphone is not included in his strumbox

8. jazzbox

Solution

if u want to connect ur ACOUSTIC guitar to ur pc speakers ..
    first place a mic near ur strum box .. standy it ..
    u can use FL Studio for reverb anday delay effects ..

BUT u cant use perfect guitar effects for ur guitar sounds ..

if u wanna do so ..or professional playing u should buy an semi acoustic guitar included midi jacks

9. srakshit

srakshit New Member

If your guitar has a pickup (which, judging by your first post, it has), you can buy or get a special patch cord made to connect the two together.

But PC speakers will not be able to amplify the sound, you need a preamplifier to bring up the level. This can be done using the soundcard, which is talked about in the post by javalogix that you didn't 'get'.

You basically need to do this in the Windows volume control in your taskbar, after connecting the guitar to Mic in (pink) or line in (blue) jack (not jacket) at the back of your PC. You will need a special patch cord for 1/4" to 1/8", and the tiny little jacks at the back look very delicate. Plus good cable or you'll get all sorts of nasties in the signal.

A cheap stranger cube amp will cost you only 2000 bucks, sound way better, and do a much better job. Spend the cash, it'll give you a good time!

10. nazr

Thanks for the suggestion guys.It worked but just.The sound is not being amplified enough.Guess i have crappy speakers.

11. jazzbox

atleast 5.1 to make a clear and load strumming