Confusion b/w pickups

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by tapas.perti, May 30, 2011.

1. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

Hey guys, my frnd has a LTD Viper 50 ... The guitar was fitted with stock ESP passive humbuckers but he wants to go for a pickup upgrade ... I've gone over about different styles of pickups, like the P-90 style or the Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio's humbuckers, but I can't really figure out which one would be the best ? Plz advise for both the neck and the bridge position ... Also, are hum-cancelling pickups effective ??? Thanks a lot

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Depends on what you wanna play....Any humbucker is fine don't just go for the styles of pups...

3. JaxyNikil

JaxyNikil New Member

Depends on what kind of music he plays.....For metal EMG 81/85 or Seymour Duncan Blackouts are the best bet....
    Humbucker is a hum cancelling pickup....hence the name....however Passive humbuckers are comparatively noisy when compared to active humbuckers.....I have a 4 month old EMG81/85 Active Humbuckers with 2 yrs warranty for sale...Comes with the complete kit....got them for 11,900....I am expecting to sell em for 8000.....let me know if interested...

4. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Has anyone here tried out the SD Invaders? Looking forward to get them on my Cort..

5. jhon_gopal

jhon_gopal New Member

the SD invaders are ideal at the bridge, not sure about the neck. the SD jazz would do wonders at the neck as on what i heard,(the Mark Morton combo)