Confused on what to buy...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by god_of_guitar, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Man, get an amp. I am telling you its so good to hear good amps. My Mesa Dual Recto changed my life(along with the temporary orange).

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

well YEAH :)
    but whats the harm in having 2....
    @yazi.. i would have bought an amp but here we dont get to see mesa's leave alone buying one and i dont wanto spend some serious cash on a solid state.. ill definatly buy a triple rectifier once they are available here.. but i tried a flextone and it sounded amazing..

3. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

dude, there's no point having a good guitar and then plugging it into a digital modelling processor...if u really want to hear your guitar get a good amp...the laney lc30 is for about 40k...i cant think of any other option for u...its a very good amp and has enough gain

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Or if he can source stuff from US, he can get a preamp like JMP-1 or Recto recording preamp, and go direct, or mate to a power amp (or a flat voiced keyboard amp/monitors) to get a full stage sound.

Ofcourse Voltage issues need to be sorted out first in that case.

5. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

the razorbacks like cool nd all but theres something about a plastic colored finish that doesn't appeal to me. Iif i were u i'd be getting myself a Gibson Les paul, its been used in like all genres of music. besides it feels great to show it off> :D besides if i had tht kinda money right now, i'd be getting an ESP GUS-G or an LTD GUS-600
    https://espguitars.com/guitars_gus.html

but its still not in the same league as a gibson les paul in my opinion.

u can save up some more nd get an amp later on.........wts wrong with a marshall mg50, nd yeah is this shaan place affiliated to trinity?

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

An LP is an LP anyday

7. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

^ An ECLIPSE is an LP with better fret acess and less chunky neck.

8. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

no tht place is not affiliated to trinity.. its a new place.. planning to get affiliated after sometime..

9. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

A Michael Kelly is a best LP out there.

10. Shreddy

^NNoob. Hasnt learnt anything...its all personal preferance. FOOL.

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You seemed to have learned everything in a really short while eh? :p:

12. Shreddy

yup..........lol

13. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Roll Punk! Ha Ha!

14. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Soo whats the final Decision?????? Gibson LP or AMP....???

15. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

amp amp amp amp amp amp

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I 2nd the amp thing. If you can, definitely upgrade to a (much) better amp, it'll will change your sound a whole lot.

17. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

well still confused... lets see... btw... what all tube amps are available here...

18. subhajit_981

subhajit_981 New Member

Go for VOX Tubes or Fender tubes both of them freking awsome ... lights up any effects loop, I use my amps in sterio mode one solid state which refines the hi level mids & one tube to give out of this world crunch,
    If u are the one who likes to experiment with sounds go for the sugession... Else I believe guitar forms a important part of the rig but it's the Pickups & the amps (processors included) forms imp. part of your sound expression

Both are found in gear shops in lajpatnagar...........Go Hurry Till the stock lasts but be prepared for a BIG dent in your pocket

19. subhajit_981

subhajit_981 New Member

However for live playing i will sugest you to invest in a Header amp so that you can jack into CABS of your choice .........price range starts from 25grands