Confused on what to buy...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by god_of_guitar, Sep 18, 2007.

1. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

So i have made some cash in the past 2 months by giving guitar tutions as a part time job... i have made 40 grand and am confused what gear should i buy..
    im getting a pod or a gnx4 so dont suggest any effects..
    i have in mind the following things but am realy confused..

1) a nice soundcard, monitors, mixer... for home recording
    2) Save up another month and a Gibson Les paul ( always wanted to buya les paul.. a Gibson Les Paul.. somehow, it feels great just to own one..
    3)a nice amp.. something like a flextone or a small tube amp.. currently i have a crappy marshall mg50dfx
    4) A midi Guitar
    5) A Fender Jazz Bass.. (Can play bass little bit but dont have one)
    6) Or an ibanez prestige rga (love the coulor and the prestige neck)

Please help me out guys, m very confused.. ill get my paycheck on 1st..

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

3. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

40 grands for part time tuitions? .. Dude where do you stay? I'm relocating.

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

im in delhi, vasant kunj.. man i got lucky and met this guy who was running a guitar school and was looking for someone who can teach because he got a little busy with some work.. so i took some 6 of his batches and each batch had 5 kids.. and im just 18 turning 19

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

a new amp definitely

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

where do you teach exactly?

7. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Wow, get an ESP Eclipse.

8. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

laney lc30...30 watt tuber

9. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i teach at a place called shan school of music in vasant kunj.. it is a new place but the owner has big plans for the future.. its all airconditioned and stuff... nd its fun teaching..
    @topic..
    again im confused.. amp or guitar... any more suggestions.. and what do u guys think about the dean..

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*whistles*

... this is a cool part time job. And since you collect fees as cash - there is no Income tax involved.

11. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

yup... everything in cash...

12. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

has anyone played a midi guitar..

13. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Gibson Les Paul all the way man.....as u said it feels great just to own one......and on top of that it plays like a Dreammmmmm..............It one of my favourites........

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

does any store in delhi stock gibsons... although ill be getting it frm US but im worried if ill like it or not because im really used to the ibanez prestige neck and what ive read is tht gibsons have thick necks.. i cant just shell out 60k on a thing i havnt played...

15. mymusicmyguitar

Yeah the neck is very thick of Gibsons....Well u can try playing Epiphones (Black Beauty and Standard LP). They seem to be similar to the Original Les Pauls...Yeah very Similar(in terms of Neck)....If u enjoy playin those, playin original would b all the more fun...........

16. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

well yeah thts a nice idea.. and what do u guys thijnk about the dean dimebag razorback..

17. Shreddy

Ibanez necks and Gibson necks are totally different.

18. Shreddy

as for Razorback. Meh, i would never buy another wierd shaped guitar again. gets damaged too easily. I would say against.

19. mymusicmyguitar

Yeah u need to be very careful with those Sharp Edges...Gets damaged very easily.........But that Razor Guitar is Simply awesome man.....S**Y Look

20. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

didnt u recently get a really good guitar from the states?