Confused! ESP LTD MH-53 or Greg Bennett AV 3 ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhinavjoshua, Sep 1, 2012.

1. abhinavjoshua

abhinavjoshua New Member

Hello Guys,
    I am planning to buy an electric guitar this month. My genre is Rock and Blues!
    I record my stuff at home, so I want a guitar with good pickups to capture a good tone!

My choice is as follows:
    Gregg Bennet AV3
    ESP LTD MH 53
    Cort X-11 (just to add up in the list)

Please suggest me some nice guitar under 20k! Mainly, I want it to sound good, no matter how it looks like!

2. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

None of the guitars have good pickups IMHO... No guitar under 20k does...

3. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

Well for rock and blues i guess AV3 would be good.

4. tirtha2chester

Well for his style, it fits best... But ixnay on the recording... Trust me, I own one, and the pickups aren't that great, but the guitar is definitely versatile and probably one of the best that that budget...

5. houruoha

houruoha New Member

well i bought ESP MH-53 last month, its not that bad
    i mostly play metal

6. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

You should have said how good pickups you wanted
    Anyway Congrats

7. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

get an epiphone or Cort cr 250 , both are under 20000rs and cort cr 250 kicks everybody's ass , greg is nothing . Go for cort cr 250 or cr 200 . best in your budget . or if u want go for epiphone lp100 , dont take esp because of the bridge it will be a pain in the ass to tune up or down , u can buy greg but cort / epiphone or some esp fixed bridge are also there . 20k is enough for a decent guitar .

8. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

oh you bought already :p u said u are gonna play blues stuff then u said u play metal :p anyways ESP is a good choice , but stay in standard tuning only plz :/ whenever u wanna change your tuning go to a tech .

9. tirtha2chester

Santana! I thought you played PRS! :D

10. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Well the the person who bought the mh-53 is not the person who started the thread :/ or are they the same person?

If you mainly want to play rock and blues i think a strat style guitar would also be suitable. You can have a look at Yamaha Pacifica 112V. I have heard good things about Greg Bennett guitars. Dont know about the AV3 but the AV6 is surely a sweet sounding guitar.