confused between Hobner and GB&A?planning to buy this week

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by arjundev007, Dec 21, 2009.

1. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

confused between Hobner or GB&A?planning to buy this week

Hi all,
    I am planning to buy a guitar this week.Really very confused whether to buy hobner or gb&a.
    I have heard that both of them are good brands in india.
    My budget is around 3500 k.Can some one please tell me which brand is better and if you can also provide me with a model number as well?
    I will start my search from Daryaganj(delhi) and then planning to visit Bharat store in lajpat nagar.
    I would be really helpful if you guys can guide me with the best shop to buy my new guitar.

Waiting for your reply

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

add pluto to the list as well..

3. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

hi rickkkyrich,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes I have heard about Pluto, what is the price range and which shop you suggest ?

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

price range will be around 3-5k.. places i'm not so sure as i stay in bangalore.. Raj musicals, bharat music house is all i know..

5. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

thanks will surely check that

6. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

hey guys still waiting for your reply

7. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

hello ppl,
    any suggestions will be really helpful ..pls reply

8. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

I would suggest - Hobner,, is a good choice & a brand.

9. tshrjain

tshrjain New Member

These are good guitars and well within your range:

Granada PRS-1 Medium Cutaway Acoustic Guitar
    Pluto HW39-201C Medium Cutaway Acoustic Guitar

I like the second one. All the best for your guitar.

10. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

thanks to both of you will surely check those as well...

11. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

hey all,
    So far have got these options;
    1.hobner
    2.GB&A
    3. Pluto HW39-201C or HW41
    4.Granada PRS-1
    which one is better any ideas guy?

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

all are good .. but i kinda don like GB&A.. personally.. but u shud go to a shop and try all of them.. and then decide..

13. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

hehe...you are right I kinda have made my mind that I will visit the store and pick the one that I will be cmftbl with

14. tshrjain

tshrjain New Member

and to try the granda guitar
    they have a very good quality and 3 yrs warranty

15. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

hey i read in one of your post that you bought a granada guitar.what was the cost n which model is it...n have u also checked pluto hw 41(that's the name i guess)

16. tshrjain

tshrjain New Member

Ya I got Granada PRLD-18 Jumbo Acoustic Guitar. It cost me Rs. 4350/- Got some free stuff with it as Christmas is near (like strings, pick holder etc.)

I also checked Pluto HW41-210 Jumbo Acoustic Guitar. It was very good sounding. But I wasn't too sure of its quality so got the Granada. And it was much comfortable for me to handle.

17. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

okie...will check these options..

18. tshrjain

tshrjain New Member

i would suggest you to buy a guitar during Christmas time before 1st Jan as u'll get really good deal and addons :)
    Many Music shops have these offers.

19. arjundev007

arjundev007 New Member

yes sure will try to get the maximum discount ;)...though all the reviews that I have read about granada prld-18 are good yet m confused btwn pluto hw 41 jumbo....will go to the store this sat or sun n hopefully will pick the best one.......how is the sound quality of your guitar...i have read that granada guitar have some gap btwn fret and strings ...nt sure if this prob is in prld-18 or not...anyways i hope will get the best deal...will post whaich model I ahve selected...Is it possible for you to post a pic of your guitar so it would be easier for me to find mine as well? h

20. tshrjain

tshrjain New Member

i didnt understand "some gap btwn fret and strings". Guitars are supposed to have gap b/w frets and strings. Sound quality is great. My music teacher liked the guitar very much. He said it was a good model. He owns only expensive guitars like Hobner etc.

I have uploaded the pics here:
    https://tshrjain.co.cc/