Confused between electric guitars between 20K to 25K

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Krypton, May 28, 2012.

1. Vader

Vader New Member

@ thread starter
    Very important
    seriously consider this option before further action

-buy a second hand guitar
    25k can fetch you an amazing deal for a second hand guitar
    you could get a vintage guitar(japanese/american made) or possibly a Fender MIM

OR

-put in 3-4k more and get the cheapest Godin (Canadian/American made)...only drawback is that it is a hardtail...
    they will be twice as good as your 25k guitars if not mores

so thats my two cents
    avoid 20k-25k range as much as possible
    not that they are bad guitars... but they cant really be called value for money

EDIT:

-keep in mind that wood is important.. if you want a warmer tone go for mahogany. Its better for metal/rock

-Avions are less durable as compared to the other guitars mentioned in this thread

-Schecters have pretty poor playability in this price range. What i mean by this is only a handful of ppl get used to it and even fewer prefer it... so my most important advice to you would be try before you buy. Another tip, if you can try them all on your amp or a similar amp so that you can judge the sound better.

2. sgt.misery

sgt.misery New Member

Well here is he bajaao link Buy Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping| PRS 25th Anniversary Custom 24 513 Electric Guitar - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India
    is definitely 2.5 lakhs
    And even I have been looking for a guitar in that range(I want no floyd rose) and I found out about the cort kx custom..
    Guitar Store India. CORT KX CUSTOM BBB
    It comes with Seymour Duncan JB pickups.

Also I wanna kno abt d Dean Dave Mustaine United Abominations VMNTX...for a signature guitar its damn cheap..

3. Krypton

Krypton New Member

@Vader
    The Price mentioned at bajaao.com is also 2.4 lakhs!!! Maybe you got confused...

@tirtha2chester
    I dont think i will need a tremelo right now and so I would probably go for the avion.

@sgt.misery
    I dint find the Cort at bajaao.com. I live in Mumbai, so do you know any place where i could try out that guitar???
    And everyone thanks for the help!!! :D

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

+1 for this!!!! Go for a USED guitar

5. henrynh

henrynh New Member

The fun part about the Bajaao link is that PRS never made a model called "Custom 24 513", even at their 25th anniversary :eek::
    There is a "Custom 24"(24 fret) & then there is the "513"(22 fret) The latter is expensive. The link for the 250k guitar is a PRS 513 25th anivsry, you can make that out from the headstock & the number of frets in the image. But it would be quite odd if one ended up paying that amount & got a Custom 24 instead :RollLol:

Their SE(korean) lineup has the Custom 24 variant, when it was first introduced the price was around ~35k. The 25th anniversary model of it was priced somewhere around the same I think, maybe ~40k. Now there is a new 2012 model of it that has a few cosmetic & design changes. That one will probably be priced in 45-50k depending if the currency rates stay as they are right now & don't go up. The usual hardware(fret wires, tone capacitors, potentiometers, the switch, the bridge) on the SE line wears out within 2-3yrs from daily use & the nut doesn't accept string gauges beyond a .10 set very well, even at .10 the strings end up getting squeezed tightly. Other than that it's fine, needs a pickup swap & probably everything else swapped out after a handful of years as well. The worst being the nickel plated bridge that oxidizes to a ugly green colour, the process is catalyzed if you have sweaty hands or in a very humid region. Best to wipe the whole thing down everytime after playing if you have one of these.

Is Bhargava's the only place to get Godin's from? I'd sell my semi hollow & get one of those even at a 40k range and I prefer fixed bridges!

6. Krypton

Krypton New Member

Does someone here have a cort kx custom???
    Is it available in any stores in mumbai to try??

7. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

musicians mall at charni road
    near saifee hospital

8. Krypton

Krypton New Member

@guitarplayer729
    Ok, thanks :D

9. Vader

Vader New Member

possibly...
    musicians mall are thugs and try to overcharge
    they also have horrible service
    Best prices- Bhargavas
    Best service- Segno
    Most availability- Furtados
    After sales service- Singh

Source - My experience (so no mistakes here :))

10. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Krypton, what did you pick?

11. Krypton

Krypton New Member

I think I will go for the Avion AV6
    Buying it this weekend :D

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

13. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

14. Krypton

Krypton New Member

Guys thanks for your suggestions but i am currently looking forward to buy a new one...

Sadly I couldn't buy it that weekend :(
    Looking forwrd to buying it soon now