Concerning titles and avatars

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by esgallindeion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

*returning to the main purpose of this thread*

Now that the titles issue has been settled, how about the avatars? Who all want avatars?

2. Zeus

Zeus New Member

Yup...im up for it...:)

3. great_guns

great_guns "The Great One"

Errm...isn't the bar too high ??

Yo Admino dudes...

50 is way too high for a measly "Beginner" tag man. I wish you lowered the bar a little. Also, do something like...turning up really GREAT tabs would automatically reward you with a few brownie points that'd help ou to get to a higher title quicker.

How about that ??

Peace:beer:
    ---Guns:rule:

P.S. : How 'bout a 100 posts reward for this GREAT idea ??:)

4. preezer369

preezer369 New Member

what is an avatar??? And i agree with greatguns about lowering the amt of tabs for beginners and giving bonus credits....

priya

5. Redalert

Redalert New Member

Just because you ppl are too lazy to post, doesnt mean the posts for title should be lowered. I suggest u start posting asap! And noy knowing to tab a song is not and excuse!! You can take part in discussions that goes on here....:cen:

6. Redalert

Redalert New Member

Oh...btw if you are wondering how i got my avatar.....just click on User cp > Edit options > change avatar :)

errr..mod this avatars is a lil too big...can u adjust that?

7. preezer369

preezer369 New Member

yea...ur rite....i shud start posting...ewww but what's with that disgusting pic?????

8. alli

alli The Best Ever

awesome ... so we can put up pics as avatars ?????

kikass~!. ... i want an avatar too ....

and btw -redalert..ur avatar is sooooo amazing..freaky when u first look at it..but theres a slow-motion feel to it .. love it . !

i want an avatar too ... moderator ... ! :rock:

9. alli

alli The Best Ever

checked out the avatars ... and cant i put in my own image ???

i dont want an avril lavigne ... or the eye... after i get 50 ..

i figure its prob. - custom avatars lke custom titles or something lke tht ...

well then . .- im just fine lke this.. no avatar for me if i cant get my own . -if i can.. i want an avatar too! ...all over again ...

merci

10. great_guns

great_guns "The Great One"

Not Good guys...Not good !!

Yo buddies....

Arright I agree we keep the limit as YOU specified. But how about reducing everyone to zero so we can all race a fair race ?? So you have your unfair advantage cut out ...

huh huh ?? Tell Tell !!!

(just WHERE do I get those GREAT ideas ???...well...my name does say I am great, doen't it ! )

Peace:beer:
    ---Guns:rule:

11. slash

slash New Member

M8, u will do just about anything but post to win the race wont you:p We didnt get these posts for free, we earmed them.....u can do 20 post a day and next week u would have more post the most of us here:p. I suggest u stop thinking of ways to screw us all to win a title and start posting:mad:

12. esgallindeion

Believe me, by the time we reach around 2500 posts, a couple of hundred here or there wont really matter.
    :p

13. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

The avatars weren't meant for public use as of yet, we were still working on it when somehow "Redalert" came to know about it. My guess is he checked his user cp (Control Panel). Thanx for the heads up on the image size issue, we are on it. We can go two ways with avatars, we can either assign " 0 posts " which means just about anybody regardless of the post can have an avatar of his choice or we can assign avatars postwise....which would mean the avatar you have would be based upon the posts you have made.

We leave this entirely upto you, "You Decide"!

P.S Great_Gun, awarding points is a good idea. I shall take it up with the Mods and let you know how we go about it.

ADMIN

14. esgallindeion

An avatar is a picture which will be shown not only in your profile but beside every post that you make. You can post your own picture, but thats generally not recommended. You can post a picture of your fav actor/artist/sports person/politician/animal/cartoon/scenery etc...

The title which you'll get is nothing but a fun way of showing your experience in the forum. There's no point in changing it, because well... newbie and beginner means basically the same thing. :beer:

15. esgallindeion

No, I can't

:nw:

:think:

But I can tell you a neat way to fix it yourself. Copy the image to your hard drive. Resize it using irfanview (or whatever software you use) and then upload it. If you want me to help you with the resizing, email me @ ambidash@hotmail.com

16. esgallindeion

There is this custom avatar thing at the bottom of the page. :beer: Cheers

17. esgallindeion

Re: Not Good guys...Not good !!

If you so really want to increase your posts, why don't you make a visit to the other boards? You might find some topic where you can post a bit. :p

18. esgallindeion

I'm all for custom avatars.

I'm also hoping that the 50*50 pixels limit for custom avatars is also a temporary something. I think at least 100*100 should be allowed.

About the points thing... as long as you keep it separate from the post count, I'm all for it too. :rule:

19. esgallindeion

Hmm... apart from that points thing, what do you guys say about a Member of The Month award? Just a way to show you that we appreciate what you are doing. And maybe the MoM cld get a custom title or something.

20. NuageOutlaw

NuageOutlaw New Member

Its about time we had some "Friendly Competition" here. Makes things more interesting this way...:) Do we choose the winner or you guys?:eek: