Computer virus spreading question?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by terenkleon, Dec 16, 2011.

1. terenkleon

terenkleon New Member

My laptop has a trojan horse agent virus which im getting fixed. Without thinking i transfered 3 small files from the infected laptop to my desktop. My desktop said they were safe, and when i did a full scan with norton it said i was protected. But just to be sure, do you think im not infected. I havent noticed anything differet with my desktop and nothing has popped up about virus. But you never know with viruses today.

2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Teren - You cannot rule out the possibilities of the Desktop being infected. However, it is not necessary that it has to be infected. If the anti-virus says you are good, chances are your safe. Watch the performance of your desktop for a while, you'll know if it is infected or not.

3. bearfrods

bearfrods New Member

Aside from viruses, you also have to worry about malware.
    So I recommned to you Anti-Malware Programs:
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.51.2 - use the 1 month trial, after 1 month then you have to manually update and scan on a regular basis.
    Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0.0.46 - use the 1 month trial, after 1 month then you can use forever as a scanner software and it will still remove malwares (you have to manually update and scan on a regular basis.)

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Well the only way to find if your computer is infected or not is by running a full scan using Malware Bytes software as rightly mentioned ^^. This is a freely available software for download. And it keeps ur computer safe like anything. I have personally tried and tested it several times. I dont trust Norton at all when it comes to identifyin and removing viruses on a computer.

5. Haifa582

Haifa582 New Member

Clean your computer. Fix the virus. Find out which one it is, then Google for the instructions to fix it.
    Do an online virus scan to find out what it is. Google for Trend Housecall.