computer restarts by itself

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by .:SpY_GaMe:., Jun 17, 2006.

1. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

got this prob before but it was less often now my pc restarts almost thrice a day by itself wtf??

there is no virus so is that my power supply thing in my pc which has got some probs??

Guitar boy likes this.
  2. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

I've had this before as well. Either you can try to reformat your computer and hope that the problem goes away, or buy a new one. I bought a new one and I no longer have these issues (after trying option #1 of course)

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

dude my pc is less than 10 month old!!!

formatted my pc less than a week ago!~

4. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

mine just switches off by itself.........maybe u leave ur computer on for a long while and the cpu gets hot......maybe there is sumthng wrong wid ur fan in the cpu

5. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

hi,
    I can think 3 reasons:

1) if u have internet connection then there might be a "trojan" that downloads and then leads to restart.
    2) check ur Processor fan....it can happen coz of overheating too.
    3) ur powerbox fan could also be a reason.

u can try formatting ur PC as last option.

and all the more
    if u have UPS get that checked too.

6. .:SpY_GaMe:.

yeah perhpas that coz my pc fan has got probs i leave my pc on for days n last time i shut it down was two weeks ago i think

7. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

keep stand-by mode selected
    so even if u leave ur PC on it wd shut down ur hard-disk processor and other hardware.

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

by i run some download progs will that affect the download thing if i leave it on stand by mode??

9. cronix

cronix New Member

@spy game : When does ur comp restarts.... i mean while playing games or when running some particular software..... Or nothing in particular

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

doing nthing in particular

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

replace your powersupply (SMPS) I had this problem too.. If the processor gets too hot, and the cpu fan is not colling enough then the Computer would hang..and not restart since your computer is just 10 months old you would have a warranty on the SMPS...

12. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

It most probably happens due to over heating. It does not seem that ur computer gets enough external space. Just change the location of the computer and keep it in some open space. I faced the problem too and did likewise to get rid of the problem. There can also be a problem with the Heat Gel of your processor. If it was not applied correctly, then it is bound to happen. So, you better call customer service executive and ask him what to do. Best of luck :)

Guitar boy likes this.
  13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^^^^^^ You make a good point regarding where computer is placed.... Ac omputer needs good ventilation

14. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

a quick shortcut is (if the place is not too dusty, and there aren't much insects about) to keep the side panels of ur cabinet opened, not detached but just unscrewed and ajar. that helps a lot.

15. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Spy@:
    when ever u do some heavy Work The computer Restarts by it self right
    if tht so
    then That is ur Processor Problem...
    101% Sure:p:

16. .:SpY_GaMe:.

think that the where it is found prob coz i have my fridge just next to that so i guess the heat released by the fridge + some overheating caused by overuse of the comp may have resulted such will change position of the cpu