Compression Pedal = Lead Solo Tone??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mymusicmyguitar, Mar 3, 2009.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ But does it give a good tweedy (= jingly jangly over the top overdrive) or a smooth honky Marshall overdrive?

I have seen MT-2 excel at higher distortion regimes only.

MT-2 would be good for Steve Vai / Joe Satch stuff, but I think for Gilmour it might be an overkill.

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

I hav decided that i will definitely go for BOSS CS3 coz i played with it at a shop and i found it really very useful for strumming and even for leads. But there was some added Hiss in the background i guess for which i will hav to buy Noise reduction pedal(which is out of budget at the moment).
    Yeah hav heard a lot about BOSS MT2. Goin today to check it out. Mostly will go for CS3 and MT2.

I personally feel that since Sansamp TRIAc already gives me a good CLEAN as well as a Soft Distorted tone why not go for a pedal which get me a Good distortion.
    What are ur opinions on DS1 and OS2? Better than MT2?

For time being i will make do with my Sansamp Clean tones + delay for Floyd stuff. Regarding the rounded lead slash like tone i will really hav to check the above mentioned Distortion pedals.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dude, go back one page.
    I also asked you to check OS-2 or SD-1 or Bad Monkey or any of those light overdrive pedals, and use it in front of Mesa channel of Tri-ac.

What I felt was that it obliterates all the metal pedal out there.
    Infact you may do away with CS-3 altogether, by tweaking the OS-2 or Bad Monkey etc

4. mymusicmyguitar

WOW..BOSS Metal Zone is really a dhasu pedal... I got the tone that i was looking for in it....Moreover i was just simply amazed with the options of tone available in it.. from Rounded Slash like lead tone or a heavy punchy distortion and even warm soft distortion. It has everythin.
    I even tested the DS1 and the DS2. But DS1 came no where close to Metal Zone.
    DS2 has a Turbo mode which was good gave some good Punchy sound.
    One thing is Boss MT2 didnt giv a clean tone at all.....PURE Distortion pedal where as DS1 and DS2 were capable of handling clean tones.

So basically Sansamp for Gilmour. Compressor + Boss MT2 + Lot of noise:)( got to buy a noise reduction for this. For time being Compression wil b used only for Clean) for Slash rounded tone. Problem Solved :))

5. mymusicmyguitar

OS-2, SD-1 and Bad Monkey were not available. I have not yet bought the Boss MT2 pedal...Just bought the CS3 yesterday. So i stil hav time to check the other pedals :)

Yeah u r actually right. I will check the above pedals with my Sansamp. Lets see what is the output. I can save a lot with that technique :)