Comments ON Metal Weekly

Discussion in 'Music Reviews, Albums, Biography etc' started by Nanda, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Death_Metal_fan has this thread called Metaly weekly ...... And no need to mention ... ITS A GREAT thread (Though i've found him to be a piss off once..)

And we don't want to dirty that thread with our comments on the Albums reviwed there right ....

So thought i'll start a thread to appriciate the good work of DMF and also to speak about the albums in the weekly .......

But dude ... I know u r taking lotsa pain to do it .... But the weekly issues missout at times !!!!!! (EVEN THEN GREAT WORK DUDE .. Keep it up ........)

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Thanks very much. And yes the weekly issues do miss out at times but these past few months have been tough for me (involving a change of location too; I've moved back to India now). But I should have plenty of time to complete my reviews now.

Anyway thanks for the wishes. This is nice of you.

Link to Metal Weekly

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey expected lots of ppl to appreciate DMF on this thread ..... Sad ... all ppl prefer to post crap on CC .........

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I am definately one of them. I just cant imagine how much time it would take to do that. He reqiures quite a lot of credit.

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

DMF is doing an awesome job with the reviews, no doubt about that. We wanted to give metal weekly more exposure, i dont know its getting its due. Any suggestions?

I think it would be a good idea to each review in a new thread rather than putting it all into one, what you think?

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Do what you do with the "no. of posts congratulations" type threads. Let there be a new thread for every review and let people discuss what they want to and then merge only the first post of those threads into the review thread currently going on...and add into it points which other posters have given and let the review be collective instead of singly focussed.

The forum is about something I am not very interested in and hence refrain from posting in altogether but the forum is no doubt useful for others.

7. death_metal_fan

I agree with you neo. I'll try making it single posts from now on.

I am also open to bjr's suggestion (letting people post collective opinions) as long as other readers would actively participate in an informed discussion with mature, informative posts not "Oh this band sucks, listen to <insert band name here>" type of posts.

EDIT: On a side note, neo would you be interested in an IGT Mumbai Meet?

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Exactly why I said only selected posts should be merged....perhaps one person(dmf himself?) should select the posts that should be merged along with his own review.

9. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

Just read a couple of reviews. Nice work death_metal_fan. Do you write for some publication btw?

10. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

If you want you can post the present reviews in separate threads, will delete the duplicated ones. Merging posts is not a great idea, the process of merging posts is a little complicated and if something went wrong the whole thread will get messed up.

How about putting a sticky thread on MusicTalk to Metal Weekly?

11. death_metal_fan

okay I'll post them seperately then. Once that is done you can delete the old thread.

That sticky thread would be a good idea too.

12. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

DMF= The S E X

13. tejas

tejas ..........

^^ You always find the best ways of expressing things.

Anyway, DMFs doing a wonderful job. But we do need more people posting in that forum. Its kinda empty...

14. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Ok let me know when you are done.

15. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey nice to see a good work being recognized well ... Congrats DMF ... And MODS u might al well close this thread .. coz the purpose of this thread is done i guess ..