Coming back to life?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by kaiser, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Why not?

You are basically taking away my right to question.
    And compelling me to believe in what you believe.

Thats waht all the religions in this world anyway do. So I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

@alpha: no mate you are just assuming things, no one would ever take away your right to question, and me for that matter dont have the guts or purpose to do so, you have that right all for yourself, do question, do wonder, do delibirate .. but with a clear and neutral mind .. goodluck :)

3. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

i love GOD.
    i love pe2.
    i love shak.
    :grin: .... :grin:

4. shak

shak Harrr!

^^ yup and its good to see you too .. (in a non homophobic way)

only kiddin :) do come around often mate ..

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What about phenomenon that we didnt understand that yet?

6. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@alpha: we arent taking away your freedom to think and wonder..let alone question! We are merely providing both sides to something that youve treaded on with a one track mind! And like shak said, it is good to know that atleast someone is courageous enough to explore wht many people these days jst parrot talk and blindly follow. Sometimes i find myself question my motives and my inner self..do i really believe or am i jst following?..keep rockin'

@subhro: woohoo im second preference :nw:
    hehe

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nah, no point.
    Everything can be explained by virtue of God.

My first question will be: why do you need to explain things/phenomena?
    If you dont have answers then admit it rather than making up fictitious answers.

Especially answers that have a big discailmer right on the top: God is incomprehensible to humans and God is absolute.

C'mon, does that actually let any space/opportunity for debate?

8. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^No im sure there is no space for debate..but its human to want explanations for everything. I mean look how crazy it makes us feel when we cant explain the phenomenon of "wht existed before god" .. its just the way we are, as ridiculous as the explns may be its something for people to grasp and reason with..

9. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What are you talking about~~~~

10. zing

zing Machine Head

ur question 'can u bring dead back to life' is the tip of a very big iceberg - but u cant get the answer to this in parts - u need to try to understand the whole

this is from a tape by osho 'art of wonder' - "the scientist & philospher try to understand everything but - life cannot be reduced to Knowledge - if u take all the knowledge in the universe then bcos u are a part of the universe, therefore YOU are a part of the knowledge so who will know the knowledge? who is the knower?"

so is there no answer?

another quote - by einstein - "no question can be answered on the same level of consciousness that asked the question"

for an ant, a hut is the same as the taj mahal - bcos they are 3D but an ant is a 2D object - same way we r 3D objects - we exist in only one moment, the present - but life / death happen in 4D - so we need to raise our level of consciousness

when u ask "if someone dies...etc." who is that someone?

who are YOU?

whatever answer that u give will be just a LABEL - u r a man, u r kaiser, u r a guitar player, u r tall, u r an engineer, u r a doctor...

these r labels that hide our ignorance - u don't know who u really are - u dont really know what is life

neither do i - i am as confused as the next guy - but i came across sum interesting stuff - one was a movie called "what the bleep do we know" - the other was a meditation course called "art of living" - u can check them out if u want

11. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Read the previous posts..

12. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I stayed away from this thread all these days because it requires some deep thinking and a good answer (something which will not lead me to the path of being pwned). The question at hand, atleast for me, is a purely scientifical one not concerned with any theological or philosophical beliefs. Now i'm not pointing at any one, i was just making a case. We're making extreme strides (exaggerated claim in light of science fiction novels but c'mon play along) in science each day, but we're not even close to discovering what "life" is. We sure as hell know when it runs out, but we have no clue where it resides or even what it is that runs our bodies and all things living around us. Redirecting back to the question, it would be interesting if they could actually make a "dead" person "come back to life", but you know what, i dont want to see that day. The natural cycle will be disrupted and i'd rather that once we die, we stay dead. My opinion, feel free to butcher and pwn me.

13. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^:nw:

and then some..

14. d_ist_urb_ed

Hm, i did hope that i'd hear back from people when i wrote that......humor me!

15. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

and then some: :nw:

:grin:

16. d_ist_urb_ed

^lol, let me hear ya views!!!!! Although i could use more "and some.." :grin:

17. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^sweetie, read the previous page ke posts. I went craaaazzzyyy :insane:

18. d_ist_urb_ed

^Go crazzzyyy with me :grin:

19. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Too late..my sanity has left the building..

20. d_ist_urb_ed

^Psch, come on yahooooo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.