Comet Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Shredder, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Shredder

Shredder New Member

hey guys, saw this comet guitar in one of the shops in bombay.. looked real cool though.. was les paul copy... was really tempted tu buy it... my question is , do you ppl have any idea about the comet guitars... are they any good...?

2. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

Hi Shredder. I have a Comet electric guitar. It lasted longer than I thought it would! Though I wouldn't recommend Comet. Put in some more cash and you could land up with a good Ibanez or something.
    Comet's sound is not GREAT! I mean, its just about ok...
    But if you are really tight for cash...you may go in for it...expect less and you'll be happy with it.

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Forget Comet. Check out GB&a if your budget is low. I have one it is really amazing, far better than any of the low end Ibanez. It's real value for money. You will require a lot of skills to actually outgrow this guitar. I bought a new one, just for the craze of having one more. Didn't actually need to upgrade it. I still am not worthy enough on playing level for an upgrade though I might if some extra money bothers my pocket.

4. Shredder

Shredder New Member

:) thanks ronnie .. i am actually surprised by the lack of options in a place like mumbai...
    did you get ur GB&a from bhargavas's , i think its manufactured by bhargavas, but someone told me its made in korea...i could be wrong...whats the price range for GB&a , my budget would be around 10-15k ...

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I bought my GB&a in Bangalore, even worser place for Musical instruments. It should cost you around Rs.8.5K. I have a friend in Bombay who said that he bought a GB&a for Rs.5.5K. I am unable to reach him for a long time, so I am not sure if I can help you on this. GB&a is made in Korea and to my knowledge it's from the same company as Comet.
    At the worst case, buy GB&a for 8.5K, Marshall MG15CD for 4.5K and go to a three star hotel and booze your life out for the remaining money.

6. sd.1223

sd.1223 New Member

hey guys i have a comet guitar and i am using it for 2 years and now i am going to buy a new guitar so i am selling this comet guitar for Rs.6000
    Interested please contact sd.1223@yahoo.com