Collide Howie Day Chords

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by acenavi, Aug 11, 2005.

1. acenavi

acenavi New Member

Hey! Well I just loveeeee this song. Sounds like a simple 1 to play unfortunately... cant really get it right 100%...the rythem when the hammer comes in is a bit confusing. Anyway..I hope you guys can help me out with a version without capo. The one I found on one of the sites on the net uses capo. Something I still have no idea how to use!! So i just play it without capo! Ne whiz out there who can tab it without capo?!

Tuning: Standard
    Capo: 4th fret
    Chords:
    Em: x22000
    G: 320003
    C: x32010
    D: xx0232

Intro: G D Em C (4x) G

D Em
    The dawn is breaking
    C G
    A light shining through
    D
    You're barely waking
    Em C
    And I'm tangled up in you

Yeah

G D Em C G

D Em
    I'm open, you're closed
    C G
    Where I follow, you'll go
    D Em
    I worry I won't see your face
    C
    Light up again

G D
    Even the best fall down sometimes
    Em C
    Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
    G D
    Out of the doubt that fills my mind
    Em
    I somehow find
    C G
    You and I collide

D Em C G

D Em
    I'm quiet you know
    C G
    You make a first impression
    D Em C
    I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

G D
    Em C
    Even the stars refuse to shine
    G D
    Out of the back you fall in time
    Em
    I somehow find
    C G
    You and I collide

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    B|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    G|----------4---4-----------------------------------------------------------|
    D|--------4-------4---------------------------------------------------------|
    A|------6-----7-------------------------------------------------------------|
    E|----7---------------------------------------------------------------------|
    Don't stop here
    I lost my place
    I'm close behind

G D Em C (2x)

G D
    Em C
    Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
    G D
    Out of the doubt that fills your mind
    Em
    You finally find
    C G D
    You and I collide