Cofused !!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Arindam Dey, May 26, 2012.

1. Arindam Dey

Arindam Dey New Member

I am very much confused between :

Ibanez RG370DXZ
    and
    ESP LTD KH-202 Kirk Hammett Signature

Can u guys please help me out!!!

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

I wud personally go for ESP LTD KH - 202. I have heard good reviews for RG370 never had a chance to play on one.

3. Arindam Dey

Arindam Dey New Member

I see I have a reply here... Thank you so much @mymusicmyguitar.. I saw the reviews for both the guitars,, but I am not much onto stuffs... like Floyd Rose Bridge and the tuning factor that goes out of sync once you use the arm and things like those... So I thought of asking here to get some proper guide for getting my guitar...

I love to play(just a beginner though) Metallica, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden and Guns And Roses and apart from that some "Blues licks" and also would love to have a clean Acoustic sound from the guitar... So if you could suggest me some more on what Guitar should I go for .. then it would be really very helpful... I guess you know how it feels to get a new Guitar and that too of your own hard working money.... So don't want to regret later... Hope to see much more replies:)... Thanks

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

okie , Here you go.
    First Decide upon a budget.

Then visit the sites
    Home - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India
    Buy Guitars, Pianos, Keyboards, Drums & Music Instruments Online in India | Online Musical Instrument Store | Furtados Online

Step 2:- Shortlist the guitars that would fit in ur budget
    Step 3:- Personally visit the shops over the weekend or wheneve possible. PLay on ALL the guitar models that u see..Right from High end guitars to the cheapest ones. This will give u an idea as to why the guitars are priced that way. If you are not able to understand take someone experieced along with u
    It is really important that u play as many electric guitars as u can..Always keep looks as secondary

Following are the models that u can choose from
    Ibanez, Fenders, Yamaha, Cort, Greg Bennetts. There are others too.

All these guitars have their own unique quality in terms of playability and tone. So i might like something which u may not. So follow Step 3

DO NOT rush into buying any guitar just by going on the reviews. Always buy a good decent model which would fetch u good returns when u try to sell it.

*** MOST IMPORTANT is the choice of AMPLIFIER. This is what will define 80% of ur Sound. So save up good equal amount for an amp as well..DO NOT IGNORE THIS coz even if u buy a 1 lakh Rs guitar and play it through a shitty amp u will end up sounding bad..

5. Arindam Dey

Arindam Dey New Member

That was so helpful... Sorry could not keep up the conversation...power went off :

I am already done with Step1 and Step2...

I have gone through bajaao.com and also set my budget..

My budget is not to exceed 30K..
    And after shortlisting and viewing reviews I chose these two models...

But I was not sure if these guitars are really a catch... So thought of posting here :)

I heard many people complaining about guitars for getting dis-tuned when you use the arm... Does that happen with these two models and what about the pick ups.. Which pick up should I go for... Well I think that's lot I am asking.. Please don't get irritated by my foolish questions...lolzzzzzzz ..

Anyways I am planning to get to the market this weekend... Will let you about it..
    Thanks a lot again... Anyways where are you from and what's your name?

6. ARKODEEP

ARKODEEP New Member

if u r planning 2 use the tremelo arm.......then go for original flyod rose bcoz the copy or duplicate versions of flyod rose goes out of tune in between the song{this stuff really creates a problem when playing on stage}........you may try cort (the evl series) the models are k4,k6,x4,x6.....................they will cost u around 25k ........checkout Cort Guitars..........

these guitars sound great....cort is one of the major guitar producer in the world..............even companies like ibanez and fender produce their middle range guitars in cort,s factories................so dont waste ur money on high range gutars...........

and as considered to pickups go for EMG{they sound great}.......the above model i have said has both EMG pickups and original flyod rose..............you buy a guitar once nt every day..................its nt abt money its about the emotions attached with ur instrument......so choose carefully................

and its not on the guitar much its ur proccesor which actually controls the sound and the amp..........

and remember what ever guitar ur play.....the sound depends less on the gear and more on how u play the instrument and with how much dedication,effot and emotion u play the guitar.........if u play with a lots of dedication and effort ur sound will be good though if the gears are less costly............

7. Arindam Dey

Arindam Dey New Member

I just saw the Cort EVL Series EVL-X4 guitar... I liked the description given in the website.
    This is also a good suggestion... The ESP LTD KH - 202 that I mentioned above also has EMG-ESP LH300 pickup set and Floyd Rose licensed tremolo...But the Ibanez RG370DXZ has INF 3, INF3S and INF 4 pickups and the Edge Zero II Tremolo...

So as per your suggestion, I guess Ibanez is out of choice now....
    So now I have to select between... Cort EVL Series EVL-X4 and ESP LTD KH - 202...What will be your pick on that... :p

I will definitely go and check out these guitars... But still would love to know from you :)

And yes I would love to play it with dedication...Thanks for the inspiration and guidance.. Hope to hear more from you..

Once I get my guitar.. I would definitely come back to you with the processor guideline... :p

Thanks again :) :)

8. ARKODEEP

ARKODEEP New Member

The pickups are not actually EMGs they are knock off ESP pickups............that means they are produced in esp's own factories and are licensed by EMG............and the same is with the flyod rose tremelo......its a licensed one not original......................

So i would personally go with cort..............

9. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Ibanez Edge Zeros are improved versions of Floyd Roses with the best tuning stabilities among all the trem systems.... LTD KH too has a floyd rose.... If you go for these guitars, you should least care about the trem systems since these are proven to be some of the best of the lot...

IF you had been buying a low end guitar less than 18ks, then the tremolo bars would have been a concern for you since most of these so called "licensed" bridges are actually made in china duplicates... But for these two uitars, you need not worry...