COB tone

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Feb 28, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Thanks bro, checking them out now.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oh swell.
    Have a look at AMT Metallizer and AMT British too.

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

@sharath-Metalizer ka Demo mere se le liyo

4. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

@all ............hlp me gettin crazy trains tone/ zakk wyde get me through tone and joe perry's lead tone:cry1:

jus post dah eq ad amp odels , thnx in advance.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

d00d get over it.
    Have your own tones.

Try Overdrive with high gain + high treble, medium mids, low bass
    or
    Classic distortion with low gain + medium treble, high mids, low bass
    ^^^ For Joe Perry thingie

For Randy Rhoads:
    British with medium gain, high mids, low bass, treble slightly higher than bass

Foir Zakk:
    British with medium gain, medium level mids, treble higher than mids, bass almost equal to treble

I still belive it is stupid for me to post all te EQsettings coz what I use is Mar$hall MG10CD with countour on full, and if you dont use th esame amp with same settings, u wont get my tone.

Anyway try it out. And experminent.

6. d_ist_urb_ed

Thank you :grin: Just back from Sam Ash with a brand new Line 6 POD XT live:grin: On a quest for the holy grail of COB tone now

7. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

:mad:
    you know me well

8. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Congrats man:beer:

9. d_ist_urb_ed

^Thanks bro, it cost me a load of money, i'm cleaned out for atleast 6 months after which an ESP is in the pipeline, but in any case, it's an AWESOME processor, but is complex in it's own right and i'm slowly but surely figuring it out....slowly........but surely....

10. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

How much did it cost? Its probably the best multifx pedal today, maybe next to the Vox Tonelab.

11. d_ist_urb_ed

$450 in all(including a $25 sales tax and an equal amount for an extended 1 year warranty) :grin:

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

One more falls to GAS:D
    :secret:thou shalt always remain cleaned out..this is an evil conspiracy by gear manufacturers to steal our hard-earned money...;)
    Congrats!!:beer:

13. d_ist_urb_ed

^lol, thanks bro, i know about gas right? It's so damn addictive, i was cleaned out completely at 6:00 P.M today and i already started thinking about how to finance an ESP DV8-R :p:

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Congrats.

I really envy you all Amroo folks. Godamn you can always try out te gear before purchasing.

In this friggin' country you need to order and commit. Then once it is yours you may try or resell it ....... upto you.

15. d_ist_urb_ed

^Hehe, you can try, get qualified opinions, or if you're just really bored, sit there and play for as long as you like..they dont give a damn at all, especially Sam Ash, they're reputed for that, you gotta come check it out once :grin:

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But then how can I get it done here suittoing in this crappy republic. (Those who mind my saying this - keep minding, you own buisiness; dont bother me, i am a regular crib god)

Godman you disturbed.
    :cry1:

17. d_ist_urb_ed

^Hehe, lol, i gotta make sure to send the pics of the DV8-R to you first :grin:

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:shock:

:boff:

19. d_ist_urb_ed

^:shock: What? :shock:

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Seriously, ek bari Amroo pahunch jaoon to mein apni lifetime gear requirements poori karke aa jaoonga