Closing Sites ...

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by bob-bobby, Mar 7, 2005.

1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i was a regestered member of an interactive site and from last 1 week the the site has been down , i have been havin hopes the the site would be soon up and i would be able to backup some of my details from there but whenever i try to download the site , it gives me this stupid message ..

what could be the possible problem ??

2. nadish

nadish Active Member

Which type of details u wanna download??? I mean if u have ur data in MS Access file (.mdb) so just add url to that file in "Download Accelerator" and u can be able do download ur all data

3. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

what are you trying to open exaclty ? the website with an address ? .

4. bob-bobby

i checked with zoom , i gave him the site URL and he was able to download the site from his end and said can be a possible problem with ISP at my end , still cant download the site ...

does that mean i would have to wait to get the details , till i reach india :annoyed:

5. bob-bobby

yes abhay , its a website ...

6. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yes not being able to determine the site configured at that address seems to be a problem in the ISP server .. . are you on a dialup ? if yes then try downloading from some other place like a cafe or something . or contact your ISP and tell them the problem .

7. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

It might be temporary in case you have successfully visited the site before. Often Internet Service Providers overhaul their Domain Name Service (DNS) listings and flush old entries. While doing so it is possible that certain DNS addresses are not fully converged with the ISPs routing tables. In case of DNS addresses that are discovered through long routes it can take as long as a week for the routing tables to become fully converged.

Maybe you can wait a couple of days and see.