Clip with my JAVA strat and Marshall MG15CD

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sandeep_, Dec 10, 2007.

1. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Ok, i want your feedback on this piece which i recorded.its the solo from the song stairway to heaven by jimmy page.How it is - good, bad, ugly whatever.

Link >> https://rapidshare.com/files/75562380/my_stairway_solo.WAV.html

-its recorded with the mic of my mp3 player(sad,i know)
    - just my guitar through the overdrive channel of my MG15CD. no other effects.

Please do give me your feedback on playing, mistakes, and yes hows the tone?

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Playing: You're not bending enough. You haven't been able to reach the right note on almost any bend. Bend more, listen for the right pitch.

Tone: There is clipping in the recording, probably because of the mic.
    It sounds like an MG would. Why did you use your MG15's overdrive channel for this solo? It doesn't do justice to the solo.

3. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Yes, check the bending. Its not reaching the desired note. First play it slow and listen to it. And then pick up speed.

4. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Thanks..i will work on the thing u pointed out and try to get it right..will get back

Why did you use your MG15's overdrive channel ?
    A- Tht was the only thing i had that time.the recording is probably 2 mnths old..i just got the zoom G2 last week, but havnt got enough time to construct a good patch on it.All these effects are new to me,yet :)

Is there any software which can slow down the tempo of mp3 songs in real time?

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You could import it in Audacity and slow down the tempo there.

6. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Or just play it in the crappy WMP 10. O.O