Clinical psychologists?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Dec 22, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Anyone else here training to become a clinical psychologist or at the very least getting a bachelor's in psychology?

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I should...but no, I'm not.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

^Never too late.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

My sister is a practising clinical psychologist. Do you require some info...

5. d_ist_urb_ed

^Nah, just wanted to share opinions and basically talk about some courses with someone.

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

psychology still remains my fave subject..i couldnt make it to getting it as a major in my grad but did make it to getting it as one of my subjects there...afterwards i thot of doing pg diploma in rehab from amity school of behavioural&allied sciences, but alas! my percentage was a little too sad to take admission..
    but then i dont have too many regrets as psychology's scope is not quite thick in india...but yes the fact is i still love psychology and when i find myself free i get hold of old psycho books n frisk thru them for a while....sadly thats the max i can do! sorry for this boring story..got carried away i guess :p:

if im not mistaken ur pursuin bsc in clinical psycho or psychiatry or sumthing from philly?

7. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

:yawn:

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

^^+1

sanju_strings likes this.
  9. d_ist_urb_ed

@zicky and spy_game, go soak your heads
    @vini, doing a bachelor's in psychology and criminal justice, am hoping to do a J.D(law degree)/PhD(in Clinical psychology) simultaneously.

10. vini

vini Repeat Offender

simultaneously?? can u? :shock:
    here in india u cant do phd right after grad, u need pg or lotsa work xp+grad

hmm..law degree :think: ..so as to club it with present criminal justice studies i guess?

sahi hai yaar

11. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

mast hai distu.

The most educated person on IGT :)

12. d_ist_urb_ed

Here you can. You grades have to be good enough, usually 95%+ and your standardized exam scores have to be in the upper 90th percentiles and you must have three solid reference letters and lots of volunteer work in your field of study. And yeah it's gonna be tough, it's a 7 year minimum program and you can take your BAR exam right after it. Therefore go into a law firm and work with forensic psychologists and criminal law to do research. It's a nice job.

@zicky, far from it my friend, far from it :)

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

quite intricate...and it must be tough and lots of slogging.....but then if this line intrigues u and it has good scope then no probs! hmm..for nearly a decade u'd be buried in books..lol!

i guess, clinical psycho wouldnt be much tough n time taking in comparison wid criminal law...if i were "you" then i'd go for former