Cleaning my strat

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rabi_sultan, Jan 15, 2005.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

i took it apart to clean it up (it was FILTHY!)

in any case i had a digital camera with me to take a few shots of it.

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Where are the shots rabi?

3. rabi_sultan

i got three more good close up pics but the crappy digicam blurred it. anyone handy with photoshop and know how to get rid of the blur please let me know how to do it so i can post them up as well.

Attached Files:

4. rabi_sultan

and some more

Attached Files:

5. rabi_sultan

and one more :)

the blurred shots include behind the headstock, the saddle/bridge area and the jack sitting outside the body. also got a few REALLY blurred ones of the backplate where it says Fender but thats it.

Attached Files:

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Nice shots Rabi;) Now we can view the anatomy of a Strat:)

7. shak

shak Harrr!

nice job ...btw...how do you clean your fretboard??..mine is getting really grimy and was thinking of cleaning it..the fretboard is made out of rosewood and it has those big gibson lp classic m.o.p inlays..i don't wana damage them by using detergents and cleaners..any ideas??
    P.s: wow you've got syemour's HB on fender...you are one brave guy!!

8. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

wow. good job ;) i shud put them in the cool guitar pics thread! :) oh that reminds me where is it gone no postings lately?

9. rabi_sultan

i think it used to live in the lounge unless it got wiped out by zoom and his crew.

For the fretboard i used a combination of Ambercyl (that blue bottle) and Mr Muscle Wood Polish :)

10. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i heard lemon oil is very useful in cleaning strings and frets....heard somewhere. wat ya say?

11. rabi_sultan

i've never heard about lemon oil but i would imagine that it should be fine as its got enough acid to wipe out any grime that develops.

12. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

lemon oil is something which u'll get in electrical shops...where they sell electric goods and all...just google on lemon oil maybe u'll find it.

13. shak

shak Harrr!

^ yeah lemon oil is good for the rosewood ONLY!...but not for cleaning it but for protecting it from drying out and warping...i use it every six months..works fine!