classical nylon string guitar 15-20 k ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by reddragon, Dec 17, 2010.

1. reddragon

reddragon Member

hey guys,
    I play of fingerstyle stuff....so i've decided to buy a classical nylon string guitar......any suggestions are welcome.....my budget is 15 to 20 k...and i can only get it from chandigarh or delhi or maybe calcutta....but the problem with getting from calcutta is that i won't be able to check it out myself...my brother will have to buy it.....
    ya n pls if you can also tell me the store name where i'll get the guitar

thanks in advace cheers :)

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Bhargavas in Daryaganj, Delhi, has a nice selection and a whole floor dedicated to that. Everywhere else (in Delhi) you only get stuff of the ~5k range. IDK about models, or reviews, or what's available online. Give all the guitars there a spin to see what you like, I think there's enough range there to keep you busy all day.

3. reddragon

reddragon Member

hi, utrabot90 thanks for replying...
    yeah i've been there and got my digitech DF-7 distortion factory from there...
    i also wanted to know is there something specific i should look for in a classical guitar....coz i have no experience in buying a classical guitar.....

Also i found these possible options at bajaao..
    Alhambra 1C classical- made in spain -19100 Rs
    Ibanez EWN30SYE exotic wood series - 20,700 Rs
    Takamine EG124C - Rs 17,300
    Takamine G Series EG128SC - Rs 22,200

which one would be better...i want to record some of my arrangements and i don't think i would be able to buy another nylon string in the near future after investing this much amount....will i get these at bhargavas coz i want to try the guitar before buying rather than getting it online.....and also will the price be less or more than that stated by bajaao??

any of you guys own a classical guitar in this price range?...plz provide me some feedback on your instrument..
    :)

4. reddragon

reddragon Member

ya i also found this
    Yamaha CG131S - Rs 17,840

5. ultrabot90

IDK anything about classical guitars of this range. I didn't even know there were CGs in this range on Bajaao. I think testing them out is the best option. Compare prices between Bajaao and the shop. Try at Bhargavas, buy wherever it's cheaper. Check out the guide link in my sig, the acoustic guitar link in it might help you with testing them out.

I personally prefer a model with a strong sounding bass.

6. ultrabot90

Forgot to mention - you probably don't need to buy those again - because with a classical (or rather, an acoustic) the sound is mostly in your fingers. I can make my Yamaha C70 (which costs just ~5k now) really sing at times, and my teacher gets an even richer sound out of it. Buy one, then invest in technique, that'll get you there ;)

(of course, this applies only to finger picking - a pick will never sound as nice and full as a well-trained fingerstyle player will)

7. reddragon

reddragon Member

ok thanks a lot..i'll keep that in mind

8. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

If you are a good player, price wont matter. I own a Yamaha CS40, cheap but good sweet one. Yamaha Classical are also good as you climb the higher range. Basically enter a good mall, try out everything you want...

9. rwaghmare

rwaghmare New Member

Hello i m rahoul from pune a small time classical guitar builder.
    pls tell me the specifications of the guitar .
    i can make a custom made guitar u want.
    is the guitar ur planning to buy made of solid wood???
    i make guitar of solid rosewood back and side and imported spruce
    instead of buying cheap imported guitars why dont u go for desi guitar
    if ur interested pls mail me
    aqualibguitars@yahoo.com