Classical Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by i'm_not_neo, Aug 8, 2008.

1. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

I wanted to buy a classical guitar.The thing is,after searching about 3 stores,I've seen only 2!One was a Hofner (7k) and the other was a GB&A for 4k.. I'd heard bad reports about the other one.AndI'll consider buying the Hofner only if I have no better alternatives..
    So does anyone know some good classical guitars upto the range of 7k?I've heard the sound of a Yamaha C21 with cedar top..that's the kinda sound I'm looking for.Except that guitar is outta my range.
    Ok,so here's a list of queries:
    1)Good classical guitars in the range of 7k?Can put in 8k if it'll be worth,though preferably I'd like to save bucks.
    2)The sound..this might not make sense,but I'm looking for a more sweet sound than a resonant one.
    3)Where do I buy it in Mumbai?!I think Sardar Flute,Singh's and Furtados are the only shops left for me.But I don't know the credibility of the former two(heard SF is expensive) while Furtados is like seriously far away from where I live.
    4)Is a cedar top alternative available for each guitar model?

2. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Does any one own a Hofner/knows someone who does?I really doubt the authenticity of the one I'm getting.And also,what's the action on a classical guitar?The Hofner I'm getting has it at about 1 cm towards the higher frets:shock: Is that normal?

3. johnny_flamenco

johnny_flamenco New Member

Stick with known classical guitar brands: Raimundo, Cordoba, Ramirez, Ibanez. At the low end even a Yamaha is okay

4. rwaghmare

rwaghmare New Member

Hello i m rahoul from pune a small time classical guitar builder.
    pls tell me the specifications of the guitar .
    i can make a custom made guitar u want.
    is the guitar ur planning to buy made of solid wood???
    i make guitar of solid rosewood back and side and imported spruce
    instead of buying cheap imported guitars why dont u go for desi guitar
    if ur interested pls mail me
    aqualibguitars@yahoo.com