Classical / Flamenco Music Scene in Bangalore or Cochin

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by johnny_flamenco, May 13, 2006.

1. johnny_flamenco

johnny_flamenco New Member

Hi y'all
    I am an American Desi investigating the classical/flamenco music scene in Bangalore or Cochin. Are there guitar shops specializing in Classical/Flamenco guitars? Are there any instructors in such music? Are there clubs or lounges that provide the ambiance for performers of this genre? Is there a demand for this kind of music?
    Thanks

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Not in Kochi as far as i know

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

In Bangalore, there is this Bangalore School of Music which specializes in these things.. They hold regular concerts and also get frequent visitors from Sweeden and other places who conduct workshops, seminars, etc...

4. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

dunno...there aint in benares though...

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:annoyed:
    I alwsy wanted to be able to play Flamenco, but I guess it takes far too much discipline and dedication.
    :cry1:

6. johnny_flamenco

Hey Ronnie and others, thanks for the info. I do plan on coming back to Bangalore and Cochin and set up some kind of training institute for Classical and Flamenco music incuding importation of the finest accoustic guitars. Yes, this kind of music takes years of dedication, but the end result is awesome !

7. ronnieanand

Welcome....It'd be great meeting you....

8. mr singh

mr singh New Member

dam rite the end product is amazin... people such as paco de lucia and jose feliciano...
    good luck with setting up some sort of school :)

9. johnny_flamenco

Thanks Singh. I know it is a limited market. But I'd rather dabble in a market that holds my passion than sell my soul to the devil
    Cheers.

10. mr singh

mr singh New Member

i know... classical guitar and definately flamenco guitar are becoming more and more of a niche type market... i remeber the days when my techer used to teach around 20 classical guitarists, now its dwindled to only 3, and around 50 electric guitarists...
    people are often put off by the dedication and effort reqiured, thats why i am in full support of any sort of institute, whether it directly benefits me or not :)

11. ronnieanand

Do you have the contact details of the devil. I'd be interested in selling my soul to Devil. I heard that people like Hendrix and Janis Joplin sold their soul to the devil to reach where they reached. So, my soul is available for sale, please inform the devil..

12. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

well said:beer:

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Devil doesnt want n00bs.

14. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

LMAO
    LMAO again.

15. ronnieanand

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

16. slyknock

slyknock New Member

Hi Johnny _flamenco
    There's great shop in Bangalore Known as Arul guitars they manufacture classical as well as flamenco guitar both look more about them on net you'll find it . Happy guitaring