Chords: Malare Malare Ullasam - Un Kannil Neer Vazhindhaal - IR, Rajni, Balumahendra

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Guitarsen, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Unforgettable song. And this was the first song I have ever seen the applause for the camera work in the theater.

My version:

(E)Malare Malare (F#m)Ullasam(E) Undhan
    (E)Ninaive Ninaive (F#m) Sangeetham(E)
    (E)Unnai (B)thaan (A)sandhithaal(F#m)
    (E)Ullam (B)Or (A)Vellaithaal(F#m)
    (E)Idhayam (F#m)Ezhudhum (E)Kavidhai (F#m)Nee

(E)Thavani (C#m)Kovilil (A)Kaavadi (B)chindhugal
    (E)Yaar isai (C#m)kettadho (A)Yaar manam (B)verthadho
    (B)Veedellam (G#m)Kaadhalan (A)Vaasanai(E)Veesudho
    (B)Thoonginaal (G#m)Kaadhile (A)Gnabagam (E)Pesudho
    (E)Nee paada raagam un vaazhvin yogam
    (B)Thaguthugu thaguthugu .....tha.

Friends pls validate the chords.

2. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Engappa pu***karenga indha pattu ellam - I will listen and then try.................... Sathya

3. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Malarey Malarey- un kannil neer valinthal - YouTube

Song was super hit for a while during the movie release and vanished quickly because movie didn't click. Really a dud movie, the good things about this movie are Rajini's no makeup natural acting, photography and three songs the above, kannil enna kaargalam and enna desamo by KJY.o

4. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks. Now I need to search for a good Rajni song for tabbing - I haven't done any thalaivar song so far.............. Sathya

5. roentgen

roentgen Well-Known Member

Nice one Senthil. Charanam sounds great.
    My corrections.

(E)Malare Malare (B7)Ullasam(E) Undhan
    (E)Ninaive Ninaive (B7)Sangeetham(E)
    (C#m7)Unnai thaan (B7)sandhithaal
    (C#m7)Ullam Or (B7)Vellaithaal
    (AM7)Idhayam (G#m7)Ezhudhum (E)Kavidhai (A6)Nee

(E)Thavani (C#m)Kovilil (A)Kaavadi (B)chindhu(E)gal
    (E)Yaar isai (C#m)kettadho (A)Yaar manam (B)vertha(E)dho
    (E)Veedellam (G#m)Kaadhalan (A)Vaasanai(E)Veesudho
    (E)Thoonginaal (G#m)Kaadhile (A)Gnabagam (E)Pesudho
    (E)Nee paada raagam un vaazhvin yogam
    (B)Thaguthugu thaguthugu .....tha.

Rajesh :music:

6. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Thanks a lot Rajesh, this is going to be my next exercise to figure out your findings.

7. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Hi Rajesh,

After analysing the pallavi with my bass guitar, this is how I assume you might come up with your chords, pls validate.

(E)Malare Malare (B7)Ullasam (E) Undhan
    G#G#G#A- G#F#ED# F#AG#
    E B7 (bcos D# and F#) E

(C#m7)Unnai thaan (B7)sandhithaal
    G#G#F#B (C#m7 bcos G# and B) AAG#F#(B7 bcos A and F#)

(AM7)Idhayam (G#m7)Ezhudhum (E)Kavidhai (A6)Nee
    G# F# E F#

AM7, G#m7 E A6 sounds perfect when I play with the song, how did u find this chords when the bass notes are staying in G# F# E F# respectively? Is it based on the violins in the background? A6 and F#m7 are the same notes why A6 instead of F#m7, when the root note is F#?

I am asking this for learning purpose, pls correct me, if my analysis totally wrong.

8. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

I think through out my life so far... I have missed such a great song... nice duet... from the Maestro... ashamed of being his fan and not know sucha good song...

thanks sir... I will try and let you know...

9. roentgen

Hi Senthil

I think you've not identified the bass notes correctly.
    The bass notes from 'Idhayam...' are A, G#, E and A.
    Almost throughout the song only root note is used as bass.
    IR doesn't use other notes as bass that often in my opinion but he plays like an arpeggio a lot.
    If he does use a diff bass, it is usually for a nice chromatic sequence of bass notes.
    For eg, in the charanam of 'Poongaatru' song from Vetri vizha, the bass moves like this F, E, D, C# and Bb.
    '(F)Medai (Am/E)kaatrodu (Dm)kai serthu (C#aug)naanal (Bbdim7)kathal kindadu(F)thae'
    Here he used E bass for Am chord just for the nice sequence of bass notes. There are numerous examples like this in his songs.

Rajesh :music:

10. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the input. I am ashamed of my ear, A G# E A sounds G# F# E F# to me, "eeyam kaachi oothanumo?". Another reason, most of the IR songs (esp in 80s) hearing the bass notes is challenging, because of it's low volume. He does gives importance to bass guitar volume only for few albums like Mouna Raagam, Unakkagave vaazhgiren, Kaaki sattai, thendrale ennai thodu etc. Not sure either he doesnt care about the recording quality or its a mistake by echo recording company. I should use my subwoofer to get the notes for low bass volume songs, sometimes that may be also no good because other instruments over shadow the bass. Only Rahman and Harris are good to provide a seperate channel for bass guitar which straightly goes to subwoofer and rock.

Thanks for the clue that most of the IR songs, if you find the bass notes that will be the root of the chord and then do the reverse engineering to find the opt chord based on that root.

Will try this formula from your midi files.

11. rajeshguitar

rajeshguitar New Member

Thanks Senthil & Rajesh. This are useful details.
    Rajesh

12. roentgen

IR's recording quality has been pretty ordinary for many of his songs in the 80's and even 90's. Can't imagine why.
    The odd song like a 'blip' comes out with superb quality, 'Siriya paravai' from Andha Oru Nimidam comes to mind.
    Cannot blame equipment or technology as recording quality of Hindi and of course, English songs, was much superior even in the 70's.