chords for lag ja gale by lata

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by souman_das, Mar 23, 2005.

1. souman_das

souman_das New Member

hi people,
    frankly speaking if i say that this is one of the best redentions of lata then i am not exaggerating.
    this composition is by late madan mohan for the movie woh kaun thi.
    this is a heart-touching song, i sincerely hope that you love this song.
    the chords are very easy and the srumming patern is strum with count
    1--2-3,1--2-3.........

G------------------------------------Am
    lag ja gale,ke fir yeh haseen raat ho na ho
    C------------D-----------C-----------G-
    shayad fir is janam main, mulakat ho na ho
    G-----------------
    lag ja gale,fir...............

G--------------Am------C-------D------G--
    humko mili hain aaj yeh, ghadiyan naseeb se
    G--------------Am----C-----D-----G--
    ji bhar ke dekh lijiye, humko kareeb se
    G-----------------------------------Am
    fir aapke naseeb main, yeh baat ho na ho
    C------------D-----------C-----------G-
    shayad fir is janam main, mulakat ho na ho
    G-----------------
    lag ja gale,fir...............

the chords are right and goes well with the song.
    suggestions,corrections and encouragement are welcome.
    next song i am going to post is dil aisa kisine mera toda from the movie amanush and then surmayi ankhiyon main from the movie sadma.

:rockon:

2. atulansaha

atulansaha New Member

not able to place this song....haven't heard it yet, i guess..

looking forward for ur other posts...do keep pouring!

3. virajsusarla

virajsusarla New Member

well done souman. I ve tried it - sounds good to me. I do agree with you this one of Latas and Madanmohans finest songs. One of our IGTians says he hasnt heard it yet! :shock: This song is from Woh Kaun thi (1964). You dont know what you have missed.
    Keep em comming.
    viraj

4. souman_das

souman_das New Member

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

this song def has aug chords

and i think there are at least 5 6 chords between

G------------------------------------Am
    lag ja gale,ke fir yeh haseen raat ho na ho

6. souman_das

souman_das New Member

jay any song is composed of major (not major chords) 3 or 4 chords and they keep on repeating in the whole song with some minor change in chords here and there.
    i do not know why you always try to show that you know a vast variety of chords.
    the song is very simple and if you have a good sense of music then you would notice that you can play the song very easily without using 5 or 6 chords between a single line of the song.
    it is not necessary to change chords for every word of the song,a fool does so.
    in my guitar playing career of 8 years, i haven't noticed a chord maniac like you.

7. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

wonderful work souman....!!!!:):)
    it sounds really great....wonderful chords to sing along with....thank you very much...:)
    and yes i think ur next song is even wonderful.....eagrely waiting...:)

8. souman_das

souman_das New Member

thanks hardik,
    encouragement and appreciation from people like you really pushes me to work harder and submit more chords that are not available on the net.
    once again thanks for your appreciation hardik,viraj.

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

go play the tampura then.. you will be more happy.

the counter melodies in the strings give this song its life...

for eg

lag ja gale ...............

G ----Gaug-----Em---------Am...

it gos something on those lines.. and the Gaug behind the gale is magical.. if u play just G throughout.. of course it will sound ok as u r playing the root chord... but then u lose the soul of the song..

10. souman_das

souman_das New Member

jay it is not that i loose the soul of the song but the main part is how you strum also and the way you strum makes me feel that a student of class 5 is playing the guitar.
    so jay better improve yourself first then give suggestions to others.
    i also know hundreds of chord combination but i alway try to make it as simple as possible.
    but you are the other way round.
    try to be good human being first and then a good musician.
    my dear i have seen guitar proffesionals more than you, i know the lead guitarist of indian ocean personally and he is such a nice person.
    so better become a nice person then a good guitarist because people will forget your guitar playing capabilities but will remember a person who can play guitar.
    keep my words in mind and regarding the tanpura, i do not how to do recording on computer, otherwise i would have shown you who souman is .

11. Nayan

Nayan .:Humblebee Jumble:.

Souman you are doing good work posting some timeless classics... but suggestions have to be taken on board... It helps... I think there is nothing personal in them...

Keep rocking...

12. souman_das

souman_das New Member

okay so you want me not to submit any chords further.
    i can take suggestions from any one be it bandbaaja,hardik,subhro,viraj,sanjay mazumdar or nikamma but in jay's replies, the tone of his replies are very sarcastic. he is under the impression that he has the supreme knlowledge of guitar and chords and others are playing tanpura.
    so you better enjoy the mindless works of jay and from now onwards i won't post any chords.
    guys like hardik,atul etc., i will miss you a lot.

13. smriti

smriti // Silent Observer //

i dont think souman is discarding suggestions, but as he said, he is making it simpler, thats it. i think it works both ways, beginners can go for souman's chords and rest who can play chords mentioned by jayswami can go for that. no harm in having various options...........................so ppl chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

14. smriti

smriti // Silent Observer //

array...............dont do any such thing. yes, there is sarcasm in jayswami's replies, coz i think thats the way he is. but we also know that both of u r good and we ll surely miss both of u if any of u take such a decision. both of u may be right but whats the point in stop posting. u hv come up with good oldies, now pls dont end it like this.

15. KnightRider

KnightRider New Member

hey souman...
    dont stop posting... and dont take any comments personally...
    actually u both are right... u'r simple chords help the beginners a lot ...
    in the same jay's four or five chords in 1 simple line helps bring the true music, which turns out exactly similar to the actual song... dont believe me... try jay's chords for "yeh jeevan hai"... and u will know wat i m talking about... that song has four chords for each line but when u play them, it gives such a great tune exactly like the actual song...
    and btw... i guess he wasnt criticizing... thats how he is... jay has done this thousand times in this forum... and has corrected so many wrong chords... and i hope he keeps on doing it ( coz we learn a lot that way) ;)
    waiting for more chords from u....
    :rockon:

16. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

such a cute angel :grin:

@Souman...
    u said u can take suggestion frm me.. :).. so givin u a suggestion..
    Jayswami has done PHD in "freedom of speech"....
    so ignore his freedom.. :)

the trick is 2 get even with him with as much mud n dirt he throws at u :grin:
    AND also 2 secretly try out his chords too :grin:
    also i can bet u r vry hurt by his comments... but he's not at all hurt by wht u said... :grin:coz hes kinda like tht only.. all da fingrs r not same ...wow... :shock: philosophical me..
    so the magic word is "IGNORE"

Mr. Freedom of speech is vry xperiencd customer in the business of music (also in freedom of speech :grin: ). the chrds he posts seems a few too many (4 inxperiencd ppl like me) but they r vry well justified whn u listn 2 his audio files..

thrs no doubt tht u r a gud guitarist too... and i firmly believe in wht u said... "Being a Good Human Being B4 A Good Musician"
    also... u hav postd a lot of chrds in the recent past...good 1's too.. i don kno y.. but ur thrds don get much replies frm othrs.. thts not a vry good thin i guess (4 othrs 2 do).. ppl shud encourage some1 who keeps postin the chords..

So don stop n keep posting. :rock:
    U nevr kno whn some1 can corrct a mistake of urs.. and chill.. don take Jays comments personally.. get hold of his chrd chart , audio files thn get evn with him :grin: chill.

17. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

hey souman_das, I am sorry you felt this way. I have no doubt that you are a very good guitarist and a musicians. the only reason I pointed out that some chords are missing was the benefit of others mainly beginners, who might otherwise just accept the chords you posted as final. i have no problems about what u feel about me, thats your opinion.. and u r entitled to have any opinion. and i fully agree with u that my guitaring is not good at all.

18. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

:RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:
    all in support.. raise ya hands :RollLol: i'm countin... :RollLol:
    0.0 0.25 0.35 0.45......... :RollLol:

19. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

Hey souman, you're right in a sense,that yes there is music that plays in 3 or 4 chords I use to play that way when I first started and probably for the first couple of years All I wanted to do was play solo or pick a song I see plenty of the best played even people in here to probably omitted chords while playing live....but the other guys are right too! chords that are placed in helps the musicans get from 1 point to the other and it gives the music a much more "flavor" 8yrs ent nothing yet 10, 20, 50yrs we can't stop learning, that thing tey call the guitar, the possiblites are endless!!!! in this buisness people is going to hate you, like you,envy you, show you the wrong thing but the beauty of musicans is to be nice take whatever advice you want & f...k the rest , this life is to nice, and short to bitch!I've been playing for over 17yrs and I still play sh.t!!!!!but I enjoy myself if you can't hold a chord subsitute it, hell they do it with butter, sugar,!!!!! who know what else, the main thing as misicans enjoy every moment of it and be proud, we came a long way when we first picked up a music instrument, this what comes along with it.

20. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

Souman..
    Jay and myself are good friends, and we get into arguements a lot. He does know his topic well though. There is nothing wrong in taking suggestions, take the good leave the bad. I get on his back because i know him well. You reacting this way is surprising.

I agree with jay, that the soul is lost when something isnt played/sung properly. Easy way out is never the way to go. Everybody here who knows me, knows why i say this, as i am a purist in all ways...

my two cents..please dont spend ten posts analyzing this