chords for KAL HO NA HO - title

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by skmoorthy13, Jan 11, 2004.

1. ron

ron New Member

these chords are the macca(best)
    thnx a million

2. nimra_guitar

nimra_guitar New Member

very nice chords

3. Madni

Madni New Member

heyee please help me with the rythum of the strumming like , do we have to strike the chords once or keep on strumming each chords ....

4. Najjy

Najjy New Member

try this if ur having trouble with chords

E------------------------12-10---------------------
    B-13-12-13-12-13-12-13--------13-12-10-12-10-12-

E------------------------12-10---------------------
    B-13-12-13-12-13-12-13--------13-12-10-12-10-12-

E-------------
    B--------10-8
    G-10-12------

E------------
    B------------
    G-8-10-12-10

E-----------------
    B--------10-8-6-4
    G-10-12----------

E-----------
    B-4-11-10-8

5. rubz

rubz New Member

hi ppl .. well i have tabbed for this song .. i m not sure if i m right ..
    so pls guide if i m wrong ..
    here goes :

E-8--7-8--7-8--7-8-11-8-7-7--5-7--5-7--
    B--------------------------------------
    Har gadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi

Repeat

E-3-5/8-5--1-3/5-3-----
    B----------
    har pal yahan jeeber jiyo
    E-3-5/8-5--3-1--1-6-5-3----
    B------------
    jo hai sama kal ho na ho

thanks you ;)

6. ehsaan

ehsaan New Member

KHNH Chords

hi all i looked at the chords posted here for kal ho na ho there are some minor changes
    the mukhda har ghadi badal chords are
    | C | Ami9 | C | Ami9 | F | C | F Gmi | C |

the antra chahe jo tumhe etc chords are
    | G | Dmi | G | F C | G | Dmi | G | F C | F | C | F Gmi | C |

the chords for the gutiar interlude are
    | Cmi | F | Cmi7 | F | Eb D | C# Cmi |Eb Fmi | Fmi G sus4 |

the chord inversion for Ami9

E-----------0----------
    B-----------1----------
    G-----------4-----------
    D-----------2------------
    A ----------0-------------
    E-----------x--------------

Ami9

its a bit of a finger stretcher but sounds lovely and gives the melody the magic !!!!!
    a lot of people play Emi or G instead of this chord it doesnt soudn correct play it and discover for yourself

Cheers
    Ehsaaan

7. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

:nw: Wow :nw:

:eek:: Thank you sir

Didnt know this at all!!!
    And I have played some 50 shows with the wrong chords :eek::
    to think of it :annoyed:

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

8. andholanam

andholanam New Member

Dear Ehsaan:

Wonderful indeed the effect of Am9. So if do not play the E-base note, what base note are you playing in there ? BTW, changin from C to Am9 is not a big deal. PRetty smooth indeed.

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

thanks for this post!!!! i am gonna forward this to my hindi band shruti.. who never agreed with me and played Em7 instead of Am9. I agree, Am9 on the pads behind sonu nigams voice sound very very cool.

10. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

I don't have a copy of this song on cd but I played a little of it on my dvd and instead of playing the chords near the neck or any open strings,I played it on the 10th -12th frets using inside "rhythm chords" and "melody chords" less open strings and it sounds great, also I soloed over the C there and the possibilities there are endless!!! whoever wrote and played that song was brilliant "soft" nice musical background music, "western" flavor music just like how and where the movie was made. I maybe wrong as I don't have it yet on cd, let me know what you guys think.

11. Bac Dreems

Bac Dreems New Member

Hey
    even i have tried playing this song and i feel that if C7 is used instead of Gm in "jo hai sama kal ho na ho" it sounds better.

12. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

you might be right , tonality is leading to a C, That C7 makes more sense in a progression than the Gmin, or just the Gmaj.may sound better I know there is a G in there you can hear it, but as I said i don't have it on cd as yet to stop and play and figure out, and stop and play and get my 2 babies from on top my pedals!!!!!

13. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

play the chords down on the 8th fret with Cmaj. remove your pinky you have a 7th then you have the Fmaj. right under the C, but by playing the first musical part after the 1st verse by playing those three chords removing your pinky at the right time notice the changes in the song, brilliant musicans , who ever they are!!!! all the chords are in that same playing area so you don't have to stretch, all over your soloing is also there try soloing from the second bass note going down the first 3 or 4 notes there nails it.

14. andholanam

andholanam New Member

Bac dreams:

I agree. I felt C7 more appropriate too. Would Ehsaan be kind enough to explain the choice of Gm?

15. ehsaan

ehsaan New Member

hi guys the Gmi was an alternative to Bb ( not C7 ) the Gmin has a softer sound when the melody is sung against it. composition is a lot about emotion and its the feeling a melody or a even a chord envokes that makes it valid.

16. woooooow g8 to have ehsaan here we r getting some really good n exact chords thnx sir

17. djmistryman

djmistryman kuch..jaana pehchaana

Yes I agree....music is all about emotions. I am a Radio Jock here in New Jersey and i always say this to my listeners that "zuban jo na keh paayee, aankhen jo na keh payee, dil jo na keh paaya, woh sangeet ne keh diya ":)

u know who loves u !

18. andholanam

andholanam New Member

thank you Ehsaan. Much appreciated.

19. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

that has to be instrumental music :)

20. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

thank u sir!!!