Chords and Tabs for the song Srirangaranganathanin Padam from Mahanadhi - IR's Hit

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by SATHYA167, Jun 9, 2013.

1. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Opening up discussion for another brilliant composition by IR - A devotional song and raga based one.

Srirangaranganathanin Padam Vandhanam Seyyadi - By Shobhana, SPB & Uma Ramanan - A all time hit song.

The song is here............... Sri Ranga Ranganathanin. Devotional Song. - YouTube

I am sensing E Major chord. Also hearing C# Minor.

Requesting the confirmation from experts before I start tabbing the song......

Hope you also enjoy this song and I will post the tabs soon............ till such time, try out the chord, if different and do enjoy this number................... Sathya

2. jimihndrx

jimihndrx Guitar Hero

Sathya Iam not hearing any C#min neither Emaj in this song.. what Iam hearin' is C#maj, Fm, G# and dominant chords like C#M7, G#M7 etc.

3. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

It was only my first attempt chords details. May not be correct. I do not have any other source.

It is a major scale based song. I will try C# Maj today. It uses major pentatonic scale notes except using the 7th note of the major scale in few places. Need to find the root chord before I start the tabbing bit. Thanks for the quick reply..... Sathya

4. thamboo

thamboo Member

Hamsadhwani in C# Major Scale

5. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks a lot Thamboo. It is nice to hear from you such a wonderful and useful detail. I should be able to try now in a better way....... Sathya

6. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

The song comes perfectly in C# Major. The humming portion (the aalapana at the beginning) starts with C# and moves to G# when the melody starts and comeback to C# towards the end of the line. I could not get any other comfortable chord changes in other places. I think these two chords are widely used in the whole song.

I tried the tabs. They are quite nice and silky - flowing smoothly to the melody. I will code them and upload by this weekend. Till such time try your luck on the chords........... Sathya

7. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

There was a request for this song in this Forum - I think it is by Ram Kumar

Here we go with the tabs. Hope you will enjoy playing this song.....

Pick, Play & Enjoy and do post your views / comments. . . . .Sathya

PS: Next song will be a thalaivar hit song for Suresh.... Keep guessing.....

Attached Files:

8. vs.suresh

vs.suresh Active Member

Thanks Sathya... I came out well...

Keep posting..

9. GuitarKnight

GuitarKnight New Member

This song is based on Hamsadhwani Raga (pentatonic scale)

S R2 G3 P N3 S' - S' N3 P G3 R2 S
    C D E G B C' - C' B G E D C

Sathya's Tabs for this song are,

C# D# F G# C C#'
    E---------------------------------8----9-------9-----8-------------------------------------E
    B--------------------6-----9---------------------------------9-----6-----------------------B
    G-------6-----8----------------------------------------------------------8-------6---------G
    --------C#---D#---F-----G#---C—--C#-----C#---C------G#---F-----D#----C#

Sathya,
    Please correct if its wrong

Thanks,

10. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

You are correct. You have taken 's' as 'C' and I have taken 's' as 'C#' as the song is in 'C#' scale...... Sathya