Chords and tabs for the song Sorgamae Endraalum Adhu Namma - IR's melody

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by SATHYA167, Jun 23, 2013.

1. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Continuing my experiments with chords, presenting the chords for the IR's folk melody type song Sorgamae Endraalum Adhu Namma Oora Pola Varuma from the film Oora Vittu Ooru Vandhu..........

Hope these chords will be quite close and you will like this...........

The song is here................... Tamil Movie Song - Ooru Vittu Ooru Vandhu - Sorgame Endralum Athu Nammoora Pola Varumaa - YouTube

I get the song in D Major..............

The chords are here....................

[D]Sorgame endralum [E]adhu [A]nammoora [D]pola varuma
    [D]ada ennade endralum [E]adhu [A]nam nattu[D]keedahuma
    [A]pala [C]desam [A]muzhudhum [C]pesum mozhigal
    [E]thamizh [A]pol [D]inithiduma

[D]yerikkara [A]kathum [D]yelelelo [E]pattum inge [A]yedhum [D]ketkavillaiye
    [D]padum kuyil [A]satham [D]adum mayil [E]nitham pakka [A]oru [D]solaiyillaiye
    [E]vethalaiya [A]madichu [E]maman adhai [A]kadichu [E]thuppa [A]oru [E]vazhiyillaiye
    [E]odi vandhu [A]kudhichu [E]mungi mungi [A]kulichu [E]ada [A]oru [E]odaiyillaiye
    [E]ivooru enna ooru nammooru romba melu
    [E]ada odum pala karu veen adambaram paru
    [E]oru [D]dhagam [E]theerkka [A]yedhu [D]moru

This is much simpler version. Improvement is always possible. Looking eagerly for views / comments / suggestions.... Sathya

The tabs are little tricky.... will follow shortly.............

2. jimihndrx

jimihndrx Guitar Hero

DELETED BECAUSE OF Senthil A.K.A Guitarsen's STUPID COMMENTS

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  3. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks Jimi. I will try this. I was not sure of the suspended chords. The chords mostly tallied with my guess - with slight shift hear & there in between words............ Sathya

4. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks. I will check them. May be not today / tomorrow. Tightly held up in office......... Sathya

5. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

Another super song dug out .. shall try soon and let you know guys

6. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Sathya,

Why digging out the same songs (like Valayosai, Sorgame, etc) again, which has been discussed years ago and transcibed by authentic Kishmu in IKF? There are plenty of songs which needs to be transcribed, Pls do a search in google for the chords before u start cranking. Jimi is new to this Tamil forum, he wouldn't know.

Sorgame yendralum (D) 4/4
    Movie: Uru vittu Uru vandhu
    Composer: Ilayaraja

Intro
    Strings | | |
    Mandolon tremolo | FM7 | Am7 | BbM7 | Gm7 |
    | Eb6 | C | A4(7) |

Guitar | D | % | % | % |
    Sorgame | D | % | E A | D | x2
    Pala desam | A C | A C | C E |.A.A.A D D|

----------------------
    Interlude 1:

Strings | D | % | A | E A |
    Sax | D | F#m | A | F#m |
    | AM7 | C6 |
    Piano | .E .A .E .C | .E .C .E .A | x 2
    ---------------------
    Yerikkara | D | % | E A4 | A D | x 2
    Vethalaya | E AE | E AE| E A | E | x2
    Idhu | A | % | % | % |
    Oru | E D | E EA |
    Pala desam | A C | A C | C E |.A.A.A D D|
    ---------------------
    Interlude 2:

| D | % |
    Tana tanna | D | % | % | % |
    | D | E | A | E A |
    Guitar | C DM7 | F#m7 | C DM7 | E AM7 |
    | CEA CAD | x2
    ---------------------

7. pearlmaharajan

Senthil,

for a beginner like me positioning of the chords are not available in the later. so Sathya and jimi has done justice to the chords

8. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

When coming up with different chords, it seems like challenging Kishmu's chords. His chords are more authentic than anyone else in this forum. Hope all the seniors will agree and knows about his versatility. Jimi, don't take it otherwise, u are fine. Since u r fairly new to Tamil forum, I'm just giving u the background info. I see u have lots of improvisation in ur chords sometimes, we go by the original, that's why u see our versions are slightly different from urs.

9. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Senthil, First of all I do not look at IKF. I am picking the song based on popularity, find out the root chord from the first word of the melody, try the other chords using the notes of the song and place the same. I am just learning the chords side of guitar playing. I am doing this in a particular way to learn the chord selection process. Even if the chord for a song is already done, I do not see that. Yes, I do search for the availability of the notes to help me in finding out the chord progression. I am not so comfortable in selecting the chords just by listening. Anyhow, thank you for additional information on this song....... Sathya

10. rajeshguitar

rajeshguitar New Member

Just saw the posts, truly hurts to see this -

I second some of the comments as a learner -
    Though IKF has the chords and may be comprehensive including other instruments, sometimes they are difficult to play on a guitar for beginners/intermediates.

From that angle, and also from a learning stand point (like Satya's), it does not hurt to see this attempted and chords posted from Sathya and Jimi, especially given we don't have this posted in IGT.

For the benefit of the community and its sole reason for existence (to help learners, enthusiasts), I would plead that we all move on.

Rajesh

11. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Jimi, thanks for your version. Definitely the placing of chords (little later in the line than I tried) sounds better. The suspended chords do give special effect. The last line, I am more comfortable in ending with D rather than E.

Appreciate your participation.....Keep it up................. Sathya

12. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Here we go with the tabs.................

A nice song following the "Hamsanaadham" raga notes with additional 'd2' note. Accidentally touching 'm1' few times.

These additional and accidental notes make use of chords outside the parent chord....

Hope you will enjoy this song. ...............

Pick, Play and Enjoy and do post your views / comments................ Sathya

Attached Files:

13. pearlmaharajan

thats is absolutely fine...