chord switching problem

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by prashant_yadavv, Jul 14, 2006.

1. prashant_yadavv

prashant_yadavv New Member

hello friends,
    i have problem in playing song "inteha ho gayi" . i am not able to switch from Em to D .the timing of switching is not fitting . may be strumming i follow is wrong . so please send me the necessary advice

2. jimy

jimy Musician

m not so good at guitaring....bt wt i`ve experienced jani is that practise is the only key.....
    jst practise a bit more...
    hope u`ll get it right....
    bst ov luck....

3. cronix

cronix New Member

^^^ agree... no shortcuts when u want to learn guitar man... practise and patience

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

One way to get past this problem is to keep your right hand strumming constant i.e. keep strumming the pattern regardless of what your left hand is doing. In other words, do not wait for your left hand to completely switch to the next chord. Keep playing the song in this way. Initially it will sound bad because you cannot switch to the next chord in time but keep practicing and you will get it.

5. guitar_man

guitar_man Banned

Patience is the key

I think changing from Em to D is one of the simplest things a rhythm guitarist can do.So I suppose you are a beginner as far as chords playing is concerned.Have patience and practice more without getting upset.
    Play at slow tempo.Count 1 2 3 4 on Em then change to D and again count 1 2 3 4. Come back to Em.Repeat it many times.

Just remember to play it very slowly in the beggining.

6. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

agreed to death metal fan// this will work //
    if nuttin works thn forget barre chords n go on to full chords.....:)

7. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

hey dude,
    practise swiching frm e to c to d......and den em to c to d........den em to d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!seriously it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!It give gud practising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i.e. only if da strum i gud!!!!!!!Works wid up down up down too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. prashant_yadavv

prashant_yadavv New Member

well thats not the case i have problem of timing in switching frm Em to D