Chord sound - accoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by novishone, Oct 28, 2011.

1. novishone

novishone New Member

My guitar is GB&A - a simple accoustic guitar which I bought recently to learn.

I am following lot of online tutorials on YouTube, JamPlay etc. On the net there are several online tuners also - for example ChordBook.com

But it seems that there is something that I am missing. The sound is not at all similar. Particluarly the first (e) string
    seems to sound like a sharp bell.

So if anyone has a set of MP3, WAV or whatever format of C, G, A, D, E, Dm, Em kindly share a link.

thanks in advance

2. A for apple

A for apple New Member

i think ur guitar needs tuning .......just search for aptuner or any guitar tuner softwares which helps u to tune your guitar using simple microphone.....just tune and piiiillllllllaaaayyyyyy......haha

3. novishone

novishone New Member

Thanks - I did tune it using the URL "https://www.get-tuned.com/old_online_guitar_tuner.php".

4. A for apple

A for apple New Member

good but ....download some free tuner software which allow u to tune by plucking your strings......

the one u showed .....in that u have to match the sound but tuner software allows u to tune off-line and they are free softwares like ap tuner ,digital guitar tuner u have too just connect ur mic to ur guitar and just pluck ur string and tuner shows the scale or needle which tells u how much u have tuned .......

5. novishone

novishone New Member

Thanks a lot. Now my guitar is tuned now. I do not have a microphone and the guitar does not have any electrical output. I have downloaded such a software but it was not possible to tune with the earphones. Rather manually tuining it by listening to the sounds gave me a practice.

6. Vader

Vader New Member

you can buy a digital tuner as well
    it'll hardly cost 500-700 bucks
    its proven to be very useful to me especially when i need to carry my guitar from one place to another and
    you do not require an output for it
    you clip it on and pluck the string and the tuner tells you if you need to tighten it or loosen it

7. novishone

novishone New Member

Thanks to all of you for kind replies.

@Vader I will certainly buy one such but as a learner and particularly at this age of mine I think I should rely more on my ears rather
    than automation which will certainly help me to improve on my basics.

I can play the chords except the "F" one and never yet tried for Bm and others.

Thanks again.

8. Vader

Vader New Member

Rock Away Dude!
    normally Bm is easier than F to most ppl :) :)

9. wylder

wylder Member

@novishone: If F is hard to play on all 6 strings, you can use the 2,3 or 4 string version to begin with. That would be as follows:
    1st fret on high/thin E string with Index finger
    1st fret on B string with Index finger
    2nd fret on G string with Middle finger
    3rd fret on D string with Ring finger

First get the Index finger barring (= putting a finger at a fret on more than one string) right. If you are not getting any muted sounds with that, proceed to the 4 string version. Remember to strum only the strings that you fret and to mute the rest.

BTW, how old are you? You seem pretty sharp cos you are right about importance of developing your ear...