Chord settings "How to read" ?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by harisri786, Nov 14, 2005.

1. harisri786

harisri786 New Member

Hi Guys,

I went through the help given for chord settings on this site. But at some places I got fully confused. Can anybody help me ?

For example, for B Chord I found the following representation :

B Chord <X24442>

i.e.,

e - 2
    b - 4
    g - 4
    D - 4
    A - 2
    E - X

Similarly for C Chord, the representation is

C Chord <032010>
    i.e.,

e - 2
    b - 3
    g - 2
    D - 0
    A - X
    E - X

Now what I don't understand is what does 0 and X means. I suppose 0 means you should play that particular sting open. then what does X mean in the above chord representation.

Also, Is the chord representation for B Chord correct. I found it a bit awkward in holding this chord.

Thanks & Regards,

Hari

"V Vil RoCk the WoRLd......"

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

look,
    the chords are given in this format (EADGBe) this mean..s
    that, u start with the lower e then follow it up with B and so on..

for example.B Chord <X24442>this wld be lower e on 2nd fret. B on the 4th fret and so on..

"0" means that u have to play that particulat string..whereas "X" means that u dont have to play that particular string..

for the chord B major we have 2 ways of playing it..
    u have to baare ur 2nd fret using ur index finger and then u can either barre the remaining 3 strings either with ur 4th finger..or u can use ur fingers2,3,4 ..for holding on the strings..

i personally barre using the index finger and the 4th finger as i cant get my 3 fingers in a fret...(thats only in Bmajor and not A...major) ;)

hope it helps u..
    if u still didnt get anything u can ask me again!!
    good luck!!
    :beer:

vini likes this.
  3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

yep...good advice ansh..reppin u! its great that most of the newbie's queries are solved promptly here..

@hari..plz post ur response..if ur problem is solved :) although it should be... by now wid ansh's explanation

4. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

why dont we put the pics of each chords i mean the real pictures we holding the chord in right way?

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

try this https://chordfind.com/

6. itwasnoteasy

Yes even this site is also good but wont it be good if we post all chords picture and put it in Beginners' Forum as sticky thread?

7. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well start a thread on it ...

b.t.w. i am still LMAO at your title ... "E chord humka dede Thakur"

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yup i guess vini got it...

start a thread dude..ppl can post pics on it

10. vini

vini Repeat Offender

yeah a good idea!!

but u need to search comprehensively for chord images..im searching right now.. :think:

11. vini

vini Repeat Offender

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

13. itwasnoteasy

whew!!! you guys are wonderfull u found a lot of chord pics so what you say how can we make something easy, where anyone can refer just with a click and dont need to browse at so many links i think we can copy and paste pictures from those sites so that it'll come at one place.

I found this chords gif shows all the chords but only dots not the real pictures holding each chord. :( I think its better if we take pictures holding each chord ourselves and create one jpg. i tried a lot didnt get any site which will show each chord in all forms. I can work on weekend on this.

jekyll what is LMAO??

Attached Files:

14. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^lmao is
    laugh my ass out!!
    and u do have a good title!!!lol.. :p:

15. itwasnoteasy

ooo really!! thanks :) atleast someone is reading it :p:

16. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

17. vini

vini Repeat Offender

well..to be honest pics are not anyway better than this illustration which is posted by itwasnoteasy..but maybe beginners find pics better n more helpful :think:

18. itwasnoteasy

Yes, vini i think beginners wouldn't know how to hold like for example B chords can be hold in two different ways using third finger and first figner and using all four fingers as posted by pics in har1s post, so beginners may not even try two finger option until they'd know there is another way of holding. ofcourse experimentation keeps on going... endless journey. but these pics posted by har1s are sufficient enuf i believe for the beginners includes all mostly used chord configurations. i think minors were missing.

har1s if you have it please add minor chord pics with different styles i think 3 different styles if i am not missing.

19. vini

vini Repeat Offender

so are we gonna have a pic thread soon?... iL sponsor to make it sticky :grin: and give a booty of points to the person!!...and guys it could somehow/someway be helpful for beginners...many prefer to learn wid the help of pics instead of dots manifested on strings!