chord and scale theory

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by junoon_forever, Sep 30, 2004.

1. junoon_forever

junoon_forever New Member

hi guys,

i.ve started playin the guitar recently.......im left handed, the thing is im in bangalore studin and living in a hostel so till now everything i know is pretty much self taught....how about helping me with chord and sacale theory? the thing is i dont get how the chords get their names say "a sus 4"....whats the story behind each chord names.......also what are power and bar chords? can any of you guys tell me some internet website which has info on all these....or better still you guys help me out!

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Firstly u can search the forums here..im sure there is lots of stuff here..

Also chk out these websites...www.cyberfret.com ..dansm's acoustic guitar page(google search with these keywords)....guitarprinciples.com...

3. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

nice site nebu,... :)

junoon - what guitars are you using ,...

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ Junoon. .I'm from Bangalore too.. Anyways.. Which guitar do you use??

Both Chord and Scale theory have beenm posted in the tutorial forum..

5. junoon_forever

thanx guys for the info.....im using a hobner acoustic, hey jayanth can you tell me places in bangalore where i can get quality guitar coaching?

6. jayanth

Same Acoustic.. But a JAckson Electrioc.. Coaching depends on where you stay.. PM me and i'll give you my number.. I can give you info..

7. junoon_forever

hey jayanth........thanx for replying....im studin in pesit located on the 100ft ring road, banasankari 3rd stage, hosakerahalli. well now that ive told you where i stay could you pls tell me good guitar tution classes nearby?

8. jayanth

I'm studying in BNMit.. Why dont you give me a call. and i can help you out..