cheeting or creating [vai or shallum]

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by infinite aaz, Mar 27, 2005.

1. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

hi to all, it is very shameless to cheat other without giving the credit to the original creator,
    to follow the foot steps of some or to copy someone,
    theres a hell of difference between the the two statements, just like someone compose something
    keeping something in mind and mention that it serves great but copying other without giving
    inspiration or regards for others is cheeting, for begginers its ok to add the tabs or
    some arrangement in ur song or composition but when u becomes a main stream artist it is not fair
    without mentioning, e.g. if u listen ehsas by atif the main riffs r the clear copy of joe satrianis
    " if i could fly", and above mr shallum made : my gaurdian angel" every thinks he done a great job,
    but please listen "freak show excess" by steve vai, u can judge that, shallum copy this tune.
    it is not the matter he copy it or not question is whether he mention the inspiration or not,
    according to my imformation he state, it is his original composiion come in to my mind within
    five minutes or so....................
    you really the judge, waiting for ur comments

2. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

i think everyone copies..like rangoun mein is also joe satrainis riff, so is heeray by junoon.. but its like that everyone does it.Some guitarists like Mekaal Hassan, and salman Ahmed they're inspirations are well known . However i do think that it is not easy to play joe satrainis riffs either :p and just because they did one copy doesnt mean they always do it..at the same time it does shatter they're followers belief.

3. nadish

nadish Active Member

I'm trully agree with u Aaz

4. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

@quadrophenia, which riff is copied in rangon mein ?

5. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

the main riff

6. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

i meant what song is it copied from?

and its "cheating" not "cheeting"

7. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i remember another song by NOOri - neend aye na......seems to be copied from a song
    by HOOBASTANK

8. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

cheating is not a good thing .....but most of the musicians do....although people dont know that the song is copied ...but they r

but it happens...in Movies ,music....

9. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

but Inspiration is a good thing
    many guitarists n musicians r insipred
    e.g Slman ahmed (himself says that ) he is inspired from Led Zep , Queen ,Jimi hendrix

He made the national anthem on the guitar ,being inspired by jimi hendrix ,star spangled banner (American national anthem)

one of the Junoon song Baarish has few lines "The pain of war cannot exceed ....."
    from the Led zeppelin song "the Battle of Evermore"...