Check Out My Shred and Give Comments Please

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by MelodicShredder, Nov 20, 2005.

1. MelodicShredder

MelodicShredder New Member

Hi guys, this is my solo (not melodic though) which I recorded when I felt bored. Please listern to it and give me comments. And it is recordrd with an epiphone LP.

The drum and the bass track is from my Keyboard - Yamaha PSR 530

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=4NY7LQPA

Please do write comments...

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

for ur covers/recordings..plz use IGT Soundtrack Forum..thread will be moved

3. MelodicShredder

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

nah..make that dudette :p: iL check ur audio soon

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i heard it..

theres too much gain in the tone.
    i personally thought it was really bad.
    the phrasing even though its shred..is horrible i thought.
    u didnt really play according to the backing....the solo had no connection at all i thought,so it just resulted in utmost guitar wankery.

practice clean dude..without any gain..
    uve got OK shred chops i felt..it wasnt really fast..

it was although one of the better clips that has been posted here..still..
    keep practicing..
    all the best.

6. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

hi, you played it nicely but as dharmatma said it was not clear though notes were not very sharp to identify and recording was bad. waves got clipped i supposed which resulted into distortion. but good choice of beats and guitar work on it. improve on recording and distortion selection.

7. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well
    the shred n chops were good ...

dharmatma - the prob in recording was not high gain but clipping by soundcard, as corrrectly mentioned by itwasnoteasy;

ummm well as i said shred n chops were good - but they didnt fit any idea ... i mean there was no backing rhythm ... and even in case there is no backing rhythm .... the leads should highlight some rhythm ...
    it sounds much better that way

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hey but this was not so fast - i expected u to be very fast ...

9. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

cant u provide it on soundlick?? ...that way i can stream it atleast

10. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

arrey...the gain in the tone was too much for me..by which i mean distortion.
    the clipping is when its too loud...
    i heard it in my headphones and it was fine for me..the headphones im using has a wider dynamic range and it dindnt clip....the clippin doesnt happen because of the soundcard..it happens in the recording stage itself..u should monitor ur levels..and avoid any clippin then.
    if it HAS CLIPPED..u could compress the track by setting a compression ratio or reduce the gain(i mean the volume here)..

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

dharmatma - the clipping wont tke place at your end - it takes place at the recording PC ...

like i fi keep my amp vol too high the soundcards starts clipping (via mic in) ... and i get fuzz even though my guitar is on clean ...

anyway it is more or less what u said ...

12. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

arrey..
    even if u keep ur amp gain low..and increase the volume from ur pc..the speakers will start clipping..theres a dynamic range for anything..thats where mixing comes in..
    u have to find a balance.

while recording..all the balance and levels have to be maintained..
    any soundcard or speaker will start clippin at a certain db.

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^^^ yeah the same thing ^^^
    :p:

14. MelodicShredder

I know the phrasing is too bad. I just recorded it for a sake. and that too without warming up my hands. More over I was not playing guitar for the past two weeks before that recording because of my hand injury. Doctor asked to be in rest for a month. So, that was NOT at my full potential.
    I have some other good solos of my own composituon and people says that it is good. But I just can't float it on any forum before a proper release. Because of piracy. (Copyright sake).
    I can play 30% faster than what i played on that clip now!

Thanx for the comments dharmatma, itwasnoteasy, jekyll and taxyse.

Good Luck.

15. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

dude...instead of posting "proper" songs..why dont u just record jams..where u are just improvising..
    thats what most of us do out here..or rather any forum..to just get feedbacks on the guitar playing.

hand injury sucks big time..hope u get back to full flow and post more of ur clips.

16. jekyll

jekyll Banned

yeah
    hope u get well soon ...

n as dharma said ... we usually post jams n doodles here ... coz that is somehting that reflects what we think off the cuff (just like an extempore)

and something that really develops the musical thinking capabilities ...

17. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

To tell you the truth, the thing was very lame and totally unprofessional.

Seems like u are just trying to show off.

18. kevin002

kevin002 New Member

hah! this stuff is joks....sounds like nintendo music lol....

19. kevin002

kevin002 New Member

btw hope your hand gets better soon dude......try working on more melodic shreds...and try staying within the appropriate scale rather than going all over the place...

20. MelodicShredder

T anx for ur comments.

I will post my jams shortly as possible....

See ya'll