Cheapest way - to soundproof room for Jam (without drummer)

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by anonymusneo, Nov 29, 2011.

1. anonymusneo

anonymusneo New Member

Hi Guys,

Me and my friend we Jam , at my place . My room has concrete walls and 8x10 feet size

we use 30W amp - not much big but we get late practicing and the sound goes out . Any way to Sound proof it?

Thanks

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Old Carpets around the windows and doors?

3. wylder

wylder Member

We too use old bedding and furniture cushioning rested flush on the window sill. Pretty effective but the room gets hotter than hell...

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

i have gottn my home window glasses replaced with thicker ones...if you want to avoid those use bed sheets to cover the corners of the windows...For my drum kit i use to place a thick mat below the entire drum kit..Damp the inner part of the cymbals with some light cushion and tape..So that the sound dies quickly and doesnt resonate much and use to damp the drum heads using remo rings and other dampnin stuff like Vater drum mutes...it surely takes the feel out of the drum sound..but good for practicing....

Guitar volume can be adjusted withut any problem...

try hanging thick bedsheets on the vertical walls...all four sides using rope....it absorbs the sound effectively..

5. wylder

wylder Member

@OP: From your description, I'm guessing the problem might be too much sound traveling through the floor/walls.

Try placing your amp on a chair/table away from the floor or walls. This happens especially with the bass as the walls resonate at these frequencies.

6. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Also try aligning the sound of ur amp in one direction(that would be towards you both) with the help of some card board or plastic stuff aligned to both the sides of the amp so as to direct the sound towards you and nowhere else..This works..try it out...