Cheap Slammer on ebay

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by gdspd, Mar 26, 2007.

1. gdspd

gdspd New Member

Hello ppl,
    I need some help in choosing an electric guitar I want to gift a friend.
    I have been going through the forums and checking the advise you ppl have given to others and its been quite helpful. So I started looking on the net for a second hand good guitar and stumbled upon this one on ebay.
    I am not able to locate this one on any other site and wanted to verify with you guys if this is a genuine item or not.
    The links here;
    https://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150104698817&fromMakeTrack=true

The seller says its a Slammer Daytona series Electric guitar but I havnt heard of such a thing. I have seen the PAC3 which is ok. But this one's being offered for 4500/- Rs and I was wondering if it is any good. My friends ok with acoustic and wants an electric guitar but I dont wanna spend a fortune on a gift that he may out grow soon.
    Also my friend is into Alternative Rock like Green Day, Nickelback etc. will this guitar be a good starting point? Or am I just wasting money here...Any alternate choices under 5-7Ks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your valuable time.

GDSPD...

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I never had a friend who would gift me guitars....Can I be your friend....I have a huge wish list...You can keep gifting me as and when you feel like :)

And for 4500, it's should be a okay guitar for your friend. Or try GB&a.

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Ive got a second hand slammer pacer for sale...but if ur getting a daytona for 4500 go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! slammers are seriously nice

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

just saw the link....daytona's are not like that. Daytona's are more like superstrats in my opinion
    ...it must be a pacer only. Dude i paid like 12k for my pacer. its not possible to get a new one for 4.5k

5. gdspd

gdspd New Member

Thanks for the reply ppl! Really helped.
    Is there any way to find the authencity of a slammer? And yeah the pic and the specs looks more like a Pacer PAC.
    There is another pacer model availible from Bajaoo a PAC3 model is there a significant difference between PAC and PAC3?
    The PAC3 seems to have a Humbucker Pickup. Is it a good to have feature or just an expencive add-on?

ronnieanand: Hey dude, just ffd this thread to your close friends am sure you can score a few guitars before your B'Day ;)

I have also asked the seller the reason for such low prices. Plus the pic on eBay shows Slammer written on the guitar but the seller claims it to be a Daytona.. hummm now thats strange!

laneymaney: Man if this is a fake I might be interested in your slammer. How much will you be expecting 4 it and Can I get some pics? Will you package it to Chennai?

Thanks again for helping me out.
    Peace out...

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yeah i dont mind sending it. But im not gonna part with it for 4.5k man. Its my first guitar and we have a lot of memories together lmao. Send me a PM if ur really interested and ill link you up with some pics of it. I dont mind packaging it to chennai but lots can happen on the way , which i dont want to be responsible for.
    And slammer is written on the headstock , under that in tiny it says by HAMER USA. I got it from the official slammer dealers Bangalore. Etc etc etc. I have a tiny feeling that , that thing on ebay is a knock off.