chat room??

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by guitar_gal, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

hey lord, how abt a chatroom in here? i think it'l b gr8. wud prove very useful... watcha think?? :rule: :beer:

2. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

That would defeat the whole purpose of having a forum.

ADMIN

3. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

but still think abt it..... its a good idea! of having a chatroom of guitarists.....hmmmmm
    but how cn u say that it would defeat the purpose of forum? well ......neone who is online may not be able to tab the whole song while chatting so one can make a request but one cannot tab the song in the net
    think abt it once again
    sumit

4. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

dat wun defeat da purpose... not really. coz not many ppl r online at a time. da max no. of members iv seen online @ a time - 6. dats abt it. u dun hafta allow non-members into da chat. only da members wud b gr8 i think. havin 2 wait 4 a person 2 post a reply 2 a thread, (wen u kno dat da person is online n is typin out a reply 4 u) is terrible. n i think dat happens loadsa times in here. iv had more dan a handful of such experiences. hence da suggestion...

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

If there would be a chatroom many people would prefer to exchange tabs in there rather then post it in here...where it benefits everyone. Also its next to impossible to moderate it, which was one of the reasons msn closed its chatroom. There is an yahoo messenger icon displayed next to your posts, if anyone wishes to chat with you...can add you to his/her list.

6. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Why cant the first one post the tab the second one corrects it?? See the whole point of not having a chtroom is that it will turn into a love paradise or something. Where people may misuse it and we wont even know.. And what about Moderating.. We have to sit 24/7 looking at the chat room?? What is Yahoo there for anyways.. Lets chat there..

7. jaspreet162

jaspreet162 New Member

very true

jess

8. jaspreet162

jaspreet162 New Member

lets give our yahoo id on this note
    i go first jaspreet_1678@yahoo.com

Please all of ya give urs so we can chat on yahoo or msn it will only help us
    we can be online on igt and yahoo or msn

Jess

9. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

There are spiders that crawl though internet webpages in search of email ids, which are sold to companies who then send those email ids unsolicited commercial emails (SPAM). So giving away email ids on forums is inviting spam to your inbox's, the only safe way to exchange email ids is to put it in your profile so messenger icon is dsiplayed along with your post...any interested party can then add you to his/her list by clicking on it. (This link is spam protected)

10. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

11. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Chat is like an open invitation to spoil the Forum...

Hi everybody,
    i agree with Neo, tat chat would totally defeat the purpose of having Forums! People would keep on chatting and do nothing else.....

Now dont tell me tat you dont know how much people are Chat savvy....!!! :)

REgards,
    ZoooooooM......!

12. jayanth

I dont suggest people giving out their email ids in forums too. I have a seperate id for that. I suggest you do the same..

13. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

ummm, ok.. wen so many ppl r against da idea, ditch it... i waznt 2 inclined 2 chat newayz. but wise vijay prompted me 2 start dis thread. neva mind... :shock:

14. jayanth

Beware of that guy.. He's dangerous..

15. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

hehehe.. hez ok....

16. jayanth

He he.. Wise...

17. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Hey... Whose Dangerous?????

Hey... Jaynath...

Whose dangerous man??

ARe you Refering to me......

ZooooooM...........

18. jayanth

No Dude.. Vijay the Wise %%^ is Dangerous..

19. great_guns

great_guns "The Great One"

Hi everyone....

That thing about web-spiders, is it really true ? I mean, I've heard about those things but I dont think they are fool-proof. But in any case, thanks for the info.

Anyhow, regarding this thread, I'd like to know that if everyone here doesn't seem to want a chat, why does the site allow adding of members to their yahoo/MSN lists. The ultimate purpose of that IS supposed to be chatting, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong !!!

Cheers to all guitarists !

-PeAce
    --WiTh
    ---Guns

20. jayanth

No the site is meant for Guitar related talk.. For other stuff, We can use free services.. We dont want o provide those services here..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.